Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

UPDATED: Richmond head coach Mike Castellano resigns, who's next?

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#201 BD4443

BD4443

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:47 PM

Lately in NC it seems that the more established coaches are not valued, even the ones who have been proven winners over time. Everyone seems to want a newer shinier model.

They don't come any more proven than Paul Hoggard. But he was not good enough for the Raiders. It will be interesting to see what shiny new model they go after next.

Same for Crest probably.

Hoggard had a stellar record at Richmond. Everyone seems to think that if a coach can win with athletes from one part of the state then they can win with any athletes in any part of the state. That is not always true.  Especially if you are not in an area in which "transfers" are counted on heavily to round out the team from year to year. In some areas that is huge. In rural areas it is not. You have to play with who you have.

Different regions, different styles of football, different mindsets, different values, different upbringing. What's the saying? You don't know what you got til it's gone.

#202 RaiderDebater

RaiderDebater

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

Lately in NC it seems that the more established coaches are not valued, even the ones who have been proven winners over time. Everyone seems to want a newer shinier model.

They don't come any more proven than Paul Hoggard. But he was not good enough for the Raiders. It will be interesting to see what shiny new model they go after next.

Same for Crest probably.

Hoggard had a stellar record at Richmond. Everyone seems to think that if a coach can win with athletes from one part of the state then they can win with any athletes in any part of the state. That is not always true. Especially if you are not in an area in which "transfers" are counted on heavily to round out the team from year to year. In some areas that is huge. In rural areas it is not. You have to play with who you have.

Different regions, different styles of football, different mindsets, different values, different upbringing. What's the saying? You don't know what you got til it's gone.

Richmond is now one coach removed from Hoggard. It's time to move on, and stop beating a dead horse. He's moved on, so should everyone.

#203 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:52 PM

And the saga continues ...

http://yourdailyjour...ongoing-process

#204 Raider2015

Raider2015

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:53 AM

Chris or anybody have you heard anything?

#205 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,580 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

Chris or anybody have you heard anything?

I've decided to stay a little quiet this time after how the selection process when last time.  I felt too much info got out and I don't want to be a part of any mis-information getting out.

I know they've spoken with a few coaches and I feel they may have and idea about where they want to go.  I have had some coaches talk to me offline about how the situation has gone but I'll keep that info confidential. 

#206 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:11 AM

Esp if they lose to Scotland

Continue to be used to that.
No doubt it continues next year.

#207 Raider2015

Raider2015

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted Today, 05:37 PM

Looks like they are doing the same thing as last time and keeping it from the people i guess ill prepare for another 3 month wait

JeffChapman-Dynamic