Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Top 4A/4AA Teams Next Season

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#51 TomM

TomM

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:40 PM

That's to be expected. From what I do know is that the HR coaching staff is top-notch, I'm sure they'll find a way to compete up front.

I am guessing since you just happen to show up on this message board this year, the same year as the new staff you are probably part of it.  You know you have a good staff when other people who know something say you are good not when you say it yourself.  Lol  But I know this you all (staff) are arrogant pricks.  

#52 hokiemtc

hokiemtc

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:41 PM

Hickory Ridge will beat Garinger next year.  And will finish 2nd to last in the league.

The SW4A has some issues at the moment, so it's not the powerhouse league they were a few years ago.

Porter Ridge came in and had some early success despite being a much smaller school than those they were competing against, so I think HR can make an early name for themselves the same way. Especially given that the SW4A will be in a transition year next year...it doesn't look like there will be any true state title contenders in 2017 unless someone throws up a surprise.

#53 HRBulls2015

HRBulls2015

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:43 PM

Hickory Ridge will beat Garinger next year. And will finish 2nd to last in the league.

I will be sure and pass this along to the coaches and players, I'm sure they'll thank you for the off-season motivation :)

#54 TomM

TomM

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:45 PM

I will be sure and pass this along to the coaches and players, I'm sure they'll thank you for the off-season motivation :)

I am sure you will coach.

#55 HRBulls2015

HRBulls2015

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:52 PM

I am sure you will coach.

No coach here, just a casual fan.

Now if they did have me coaching maybe your prediction would be correct! Lol.

#56 HRHSBulls

HRHSBulls

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:00 AM

First of all, I want to take a second to introduce myself.  My name is Jason Seidel,  I am the head coach at Hickory Ridge.  I created a handle when I got the job in May as recommended by Chris Hughes.  This is my first post, so I hope I am doing this correctly.  I have always enjoyed this website; Chris Hughes and his staff do a tremendous job.  I have a ton of respect for those guys.  And to be honest I go on it to read about the different schools and what they have going on.  To me, it's amazing to see all the supporters on this site that talk about their particular school.  

With that being said, I have a few issues with what is going on.  I do not know who HRBulls2015 is.  They are not anyone from my staff.  I have no one on my staff that talks on any of these websites.  I do appreciate HRBulls2015 for his comments throughout the season, he or she has been always backed us.  When I get a text message from a parent telling me that my staff is being trashed by someone on here, I couldn't hold my tongue.  

This is high school athletics.  We are dealing with teenage student-athletes.  I feel blessed to have a chance to be around my players and their families.  I enjoy the opportunity that I have, and truly thank God that I get to work with these kids.  On top of that, I love my staff.  They care so much about our guys and put in the time with them both on and off the field.  The players have worked their tails off everyday and competed at a high level.  On top of that, they have been tremendous in the community.  We preach "Family" and live by that every day.  

I saw where one of our supporters commented stating he or she believes we can compete at the 4A level.  We just came off a 12-3 season where we played in the state semi-final.  Our kids had a great year and earned everything by working hard and competing.  What is even more important, is they bought in to what the coaches preached and that was "Family."  Your opinion is perfectly fine, and I appreciate that.  If you don't think we will be able to compete, I am ok with that.  However, I won't allow someone to say anything negative about someone on my staff or a player.  Especially when you do not know what you are talking about when it comes to me, my staff, or my players.  Like I said earlier, if you think that someone on here is one of my staff members, I am here to tell you they are not.  I am sorry if this post wasted everyone's time.  But I can't listen to someone talk about about my staff when it is far from the truth.  Take care and thanks for your time.

#57 hokiemtc

hokiemtc

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:30 AM

Welcome to the league, coach! Butler dad here, BTW.

As I posted above, this is an opportune time to step into the SW4A. Most years there is a clear-cut favorite(s) to win the league (and compete for state), but 2017 will not be one of those years, so there's no time like the present to jump in there and stir things up.

I will also report, from talking to Porter Ridge folk back during their transition days, the #1 thing that you'll have to get used to is the week-to-week 4AA size in the trenches. Even a really bad Charlotte team has plenty of beef along the lines, and this takes a toll as the season goes along when you are not used to seeing it every week. Build some depth and rotate your bodies, or you'll get worn down.

As an additional observation, even a bad Charlotte team will have at least one serious speed burner at a skill position, so small tweaks in alignments will be necessary to account for certain players in order to avoid giving yourself heartburn. The better Charlotte teams will have entire backfields full of speed burners, but those will be a different challenge altogether.

Anyway, good to have you, and best of luck in your inaugural season.

#58 TomM

TomM

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:07 AM

Actually coach you have posted five times....so you do know how to do this. Congratulations on a fine season. I hope it continues for you. But I am sure that the other poster is a coach also. One piece of advice get some thicker skin because the good times won't always last and even the people on your side will come after you. Can't respond to everyone otherwise you will be doing it all day long!

First of all, I want to take a second to introduce myself. My name is Jason Seidel, I am the head coach at Hickory Ridge. I created a handle when I got the job in May as recommended by Chris Hughes. This is my first post, so I hope I am doing this correctly. I have always enjoyed this website; Chris Hughes and his staff do a tremendous job. I have a ton of respect for those guys. And to be honest I go on it to read about the different schools and what they have going on. To me, it's amazing to see all the supporters on this site that talk about their particular school.
With that being said, I have a few issues with what is going on. I do not know who HRBulls2015 is. They are not anyone from my staff. I have no one on my staff that talks on any of these websites. I do appreciate HRBulls2015 for his comments throughout the season, he or she has been always backed us. When I get a text message from a parent telling me that my staff is being trashed by someone on here, I couldn't hold my tongue.
This is high school athletics. We are dealing with teenage student-athletes. I feel blessed to have a chance to be around my players and their families. I enjoy the opportunity that I have, and truly thank God that I get to work with these kids. On top of that, I love my staff. They care so much about our guys and put in the time with them both on and off the field. The players have worked their tails off everyday and competed at a high level. On top of that, they have been tremendous in the community. We preach "Family" and live by that every day.
I saw where one of our supporters commented stating he or she believes we can compete at the 4A level. We just came off a 12-3 season where we played in the state semi-final. Our kids had a great year and earned everything by working hard and competing. What is even more important, is they bought in to what the coaches preached and that was "Family." Your opinion is perfectly fine, and I appreciate that. If you don't think we will be able to compete, I am ok with that. However, I won't allow someone to say anything negative about someone on my staff or a player. Especially when you do not know what you are talking about when it comes to me, my staff, or my players. Like I said earlier, if you think that someone on here is one of my staff members, I am here to tell you they are not. I am sorry if this post wasted everyone's time. But I can't listen to someone talk about about my staff when it is far from the truth. Take care and thanks for your time.

#59 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:38 AM

Harrisburg, so right near UNCC. To me they fit more in MC's conference than SW4A.

Lived in Charlotte 20 years and 17 of that in University. Swear to god I had no idea there was a HS in Harrisburg. Is it new?

#60 HRHSBulls

HRHSBulls

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:23 AM

TomM - Obviously, what ever is said on here you are going to have a rebuttal.  And that's fine, it is what it is.  It has nothing to do with being thick-skinned.  If you want to talk about me, please feel free.  I've been coaching a long time to understand how it works.  I came on here to make sure my staff and/or players were not going to be talked about in a negative manner.  Especially when the accusations are false.  We have a great staff that works hard on a daily basis and cares about our kids, school, and community.  That is all I am saying.  I appreciate your congrats about our season.  It was a fun ride, I hate that it ended one game from playing in the state finals, but that's how it works.

Hokiemtc - Thanks for warm welcoming.  This will be my 3rd time coaching at the 4A level.  There are some amazing athletes and great coaches in this league.  In my opinion, I believe one of our biggest challenges is going to be to build confidence in our kids so they believe they belong on the field.  The weight room plays a major role in that, and to me it is the life-blood of any successful football program.  This is going to be a challenge, but I do know our kids and coaching staff will work hard and "embrace the process."

Wrigley - That is not the first time, or will it be the last time I have heard that.  A lot of people believe our school is located in the mountains.  I feel the name of our school put distance between us and the community.  Hickory Ridge's first year was 2007, so it has only been 10 years since they opened.  I did not know this until I got the job, but decades ago, there was a high school called Harrisburg High School in our community.  I am not sure if that had something to do with our school changing a name.  We have put in a lot of work this summer and fall with the community trying to build relationships and ties.  Our kids are starting to understand they are a part of something bigger than themselves.  What I love about our coaching staff across all athletics is the unselfish work they put in with Harrisburg and the respective community members.  Our goal this offseason is to build an even bigger relationship and find ways to tie in Harrisburg with our High School.  

#61 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:25 PM

Hickory Ridge will beat Garinger next year. And will finish 2nd to last in the league.

wow

#62 1derpop

1derpop

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:19 PM

Lived in Charlotte 20 years and 17 of that in University. Swear to god I had no idea there was a HS in Harrisburg. Is it new?

wrigley, u need to get out more lol

#63 1derpop

1derpop

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:22 PM

First of all, I want to take a second to introduce myself. My name is Jason Seidel, I am the head coach at Hickory Ridge. I created a handle when I got the job in May as recommended by Chris Hughes. This is my first post, so I hope I am doing this correctly. I have always enjoyed this website; Chris Hughes and his staff do a tremendous job. I have a ton of respect for those guys. And to be honest I go on it to read about the different schools and what they have going on. To me, it's amazing to see all the supporters on this site that talk about their particular school.
With that being said, I have a few issues with what is going on. I do not know who HRBulls2015 is. They are not anyone from my staff. I have no one on my staff that talks on any of these websites. I do appreciate HRBulls2015 for his comments throughout the season, he or she has been always backed us. When I get a text message from a parent telling me that my staff is being trashed by someone on here, I couldn't hold my tongue.
This is high school athletics. We are dealing with teenage student-athletes. I feel blessed to have a chance to be around my players and their families. I enjoy the opportunity that I have, and truly thank God that I get to work with these kids. On top of that, I love my staff. They care so much about our guys and put in the time with them both on and off the field. The players have worked their tails off everyday and competed at a high level. On top of that, they have been tremendous in the community. We preach "Family" and live by that every day.
I saw where one of our supporters commented stating he or she believes we can compete at the 4A level. We just came off a 12-3 season where we played in the state semi-final. Our kids had a great year and earned everything by working hard and competing. What is even more important, is they bought in to what the coaches preached and that was "Family." Your opinion is perfectly fine, and I appreciate that. If you don't think we will be able to compete, I am ok with that. However, I won't allow someone to say anything negative about someone on my staff or a player. Especially when you do not know what you are talking about when it comes to me, my staff, or my players. Like I said earlier, if you think that someone on here is one of my staff members, I am here to tell you they are not. I am sorry if this post wasted everyone's time. But I can't listen to someone talk about about my staff when it is far from the truth. Take care and thanks for your time.

well said coach, and good luck from Kannapolis

.... and btw jys tell wrigley u never heard a him either lol

in all serousness, theys 3 guys on here from chalotte that usually no what the hell they talking about,,, Hokie, wrigley and a guy named work7. i callem the 3 stooges of HS football lol,,,, nah theyre realy good guys ;)

oh, and this very important,,, but when them chalotte boys come play a game at UR place in cabarrus county,, i always had to remind them we dont tolerate goin in the wrong bathrooms around here lol

#64 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:37 PM

oh, and this very important,,, but when them chalotte boys come play a game at UR place in cabarrus county,, i always had to remind them we dont tolerate goin in the wrong bathrooms around here lol

Never even thought of using a bathroom at Kannapolis. Right there on the field always seemed about right :)

#65 84k

Established Member

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:32 AM

No,it's 10 years old.

JeffChapman-Dynamic