Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Top 4A/4AA Teams Next Season

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:38 PM

Who will be the Top/Favorites for Next season in 4A/4AA ; I would assume many would be known teams like Mallard Creek or Dudley or Butler etc

Let me know on who you think and why! 2017 is going be fun will all the next Conferences!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#2 hokiemtc

hokiemtc

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:47 PM

Butler, Vance, Myers Park, Scotland, Richmond and Page are all NOT likely...all of these teams were senior heavy this year and lose tons of their overall production. Plus, Butler and Richmond will likely be fielding new coaches.

Mallard Creek will need to build a new passing game from scratch, but otherwise, they seem to be pretty well stacked.

Dudley and Catholic will both be 3A next year. Scary thought, I know.

Wake Forest should be very good again on defense, but they are playing with fire by fielding an offense that poor every year. Garner and Middle Creek both lose a ton of their best players as well.

My early favorites are Mallard Creek / Wake Forest in 4AA...and I have no idea who to pick in 4A. Small 4A will be wide open next year with Dudley and Catholic moving down.

#3 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

Butler, Vance, Myers Park, Scotland, Richmond and Page are all NOT likely...all of these teams were senior heavy this year and lose tons of their overall production. Plus, Butler and Richmond will likely be fielding new coaches.

Mallard Creek will need to build a new passing game from scratch, but otherwise, they seem to be pretty well stacked.

Dudley and Catholic will both be 3A next year. Scary thought, I know.

Wake Forest should be very good again on defense, but they are playing with fire by fielding an offense that poor every year. Garner and Middle Creek both lose a ton of their best players as well.

My early favorites are Mallard Creek / Wake Forest in 4AA...and I have no idea who to pick in 4A. Small 4A will be wide open next year with Dudley and Catholic moving down.

3A just got a bit more tougher with CC and Dudley moving down. 3A is prob the most fun division in NC bc There so many wide spread good 3A teams but With Dudley and CC that going be a tough task on winning through them.

I agree 4A will be wide open and 4AA will be interesting but I agree MC/WF will be the top to return.

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#4 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 881 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:06 PM

Keep on a close eye on Hickory Ridge who will join the 4A next year. The bulls are very physical team. They are losing key players however the Bulls have the foundation to make noise next year at the 4A

#5 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:10 PM

Who will be the Top/Favorites for Next season in 4A/4AA ; I would assume many would be known teams like Mallard Creek or Dudley or Butler etc

Let me know on who you think and why! 2017 is going be fun will all the next Conferences!

Think everyone should wait until the coaching carousel is finished before the predictions start rolling.

I would not have Mallard Creek in the top 10 to start year.

#6 hokiemtc

hokiemtc

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:13 PM

Who else do you stick in there instead? Mallard Creek is one of the few top tier 4A teams in the state that won't be gutted by graduation and/or coaching changes next year. They almost have to be there by default, since they'll have more returning than anyone else I can think of.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see MC ranked pre-season #1 in most places. If not them, then who? Maybe Wake Forest will get some poll love now since they've broken through, but who else?

I forgot East Forsyth in the post above. I don't know what they have coming back. The CPC guys will say West Forsyth should be ranked #1 (this year, last year and every year), but it's pretty hard to take them seriously these days.

#7 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:19 PM

Scotland is absolutely loaded next year .
Someone above said senior heavy this year??
Scots top 5 if not 1.

#8 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

Who else do you stick in there instead? Mallard Creek is one of the few top tier 4A teams in the state that won't be gutted by graduation and/or coaching changes next year. They almost have to be there by default, since they'll have more returning than anyone else I can think of.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see MC ranked pre-season #1 in most places. If not them, then who? Maybe Wake Forest will get some poll love now since they've broken through, but who else?

I forgot East Forsyth in the post above. I don't know what they have coming back. The CPC guys will say West Forsyth should be ranked #1 (this year, last year and every year), but it's pretty hard to take them seriously these days.

Its impossible to say at this point. Is Willert back at EF? Some say no...Whose the HC at Butler?? Is Brand back at Vance?? Byrnes still hasnt hired a HC some very juicy rumors there. Already rumors that Castellano is gone at Richmond. Who is replacing him? Hales?? Who is taking that Crest job.

Then of course there is the player movement that goes along with the coaching moves.

All im saying on MC is 3 back on offense and 4 on defense. Gotta replace 15 starters and probably a coach or two..way too early.

#9 hokiemtc

hokiemtc

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:30 PM

Scotland has no QB and no passing game, and loses half of their rushing attack from this year...I wouldn't exactly call that loaded. But I'm totally good with pencilling them in for 4A anyway. Much like with Mallard Creek, they almost need to be there by default when compared to everyone else.

I believe that Cape Fear's QB is a senior and they looked a little bit like a one man gang tonight. Does New Bern get the ship righted in 2017? Britt? Hillside drops to 3A, right? Who else is a possibility?

#10 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:30 PM

Think everyone should wait until the coaching carousel is finished before the predictions start rolling

Only reason why I started it now was bc some other have started it on the 2A/1A forums so thought I would start it on 4A forum

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#11 hokiemtc

hokiemtc

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:32 PM

All im saying on MC is 3 back on offense and 4 on defense. Gotta replace 15 starters and probably a coach or two..way too early.

That many?

Wow. This might be the most shot-in-the-dark pre-season poll in history.

#12 Panther4lyfe

Panther4lyfe

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:34 PM

Scotland has no QB and no passing game, and loses half of their rushing attack from this year...I wouldn't exactly call that loaded. But I'm totally good with pencilling them in for 4A anyway. Much like with Mallard Creek, they almost need to be there by default when compared to everyone else.

I believe that Cape Fear's QB is a senior and they looked a little bit like a one man gang tonight. Does New Bern get the ship righted in 2017? Britt? Hillside drops to 3A, right? Who else is a possibility?

Cape Fear qb is a junior. They will be in 3A to us. Scotland will find a way to choke again. One trick pony they are.

#13 work7

work7

Established Member

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:35 PM

Scotland is absolutely loaded every year! :)
They are turning into the all hype team

#14 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:43 PM

East loses a lot. West Forsyth hasn't lived up to the hype in recent years but on paper return a ton.

"You can't control the wind, but you can always adjust your sails."

#15 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,044 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:45 PM

Far too early to even think about next year

#16 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:46 PM

East loses a lot. West Forsyth hasn't lived up to the hype in recent years but on paper return a ton.

West will be a pre-season top 10, maybe 5

#17 hokiemtc

hokiemtc

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:50 PM

West will be a pre-season top 10, maybe 5

I'm guessing you're right. The CPC Crew will love that one. For a while, anyway.

#18 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:52 PM

Hough will be another highly ranked team. Played a ton of jrs and soph this year. The 2019 class is especially good. Nagy and Williams back for senior year.

#19 hokiemtc

hokiemtc

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:53 PM

Keep on a close eye on Hickory Ridge who will join the 4A next year. The bulls are very physical team. They are losing key players however the Bulls have the foundation to make noise next year at the 4A

HR is picking a heck of a year to join the league. Butler and Myers Park will be rebuilding/reloading, Indy doesn't even have a coach right now, and Rocky River and East Meck are all over the map these days with their consistency.

HR can possibly make some noise right out of the gate. The conditions are right for it.

#20 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:02 PM

Far too early to even think about next year

It's never too early!! I'm a football guy so I can talk football 24/7 , u are most of a soccer guy so I'm pretty sure u talk n watch soccer as just as much as I do with football

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#21 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:03 PM

HR is picking a heck of a year to join the league. Butler and Myers Park will be rebuilding/reloading, Indy doesn't even have a coach right now, and Rocky River and East Meck are all over the map these days with their consistency.

HR can possibly make some noise right out of the gate. The conditions are right for it.

I would could see them finishing as high as 1st and as low as 3rd and You are right they joined at the right time but usually Indy , Butler , MP are top teams with Rocky River and EM at the bottom of the pack

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#22 84k

Established Member

• Members
  • 972 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:46 PM

Think everyone should wait until the coaching carousel is finished before the predictions start rolling.

Quit sand bagging Wrigley.:)

#23 Tyler12

Tyler12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:40 AM

Conley and Rose are dropping to 3A as well. Crazy.

#24 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:18 AM

Quit sand bagging Wrigley. :)

Really not. If you eliminate the name and just look at what is coming back numbers wise you would struggle to put them top 10. I get it...the name does mean something and there is a lot of talent in the pipleline but if your replacing 15 starters you probably arent preseason Top 10. So much of this really comes down to who is coaching where next year. For example......Vance loses a bunch but if Brand is coaching there I guarantee a QB and several other studs show up at IBM drive in June.  

So until the coaching thing shakes out its all just wild speculation at best.

#25 XwayHeel

XwayHeel

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:34 PM

Scotland losing their QB, WR and a Safety. We return everyone else including Smiley, Zamir and both OL and DL. We have a pretty good QB stepping in next year who can actually spin it.

We'll definitely be back in the hunt next year!

JeffChapman-Dynamic