Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

NPC game of the Week- South Iredell 7-0 at Lake Norman 6-3

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:59 AM

This is a game few people give the undefeated Vikings a chance in. Lake Norman is far more battle tested in their non conference schedule than South is. But you know how rivalry games go... crazy things can and usually do happen lol. Should be an awesome atmosphere tonight

#2 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:50 PM

South iredell won 71-70 in an absolutely epic ball game! Best atmosphere I've seen for a Hoops game in some time. Both teams left it all out on the floor

#3 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:56 AM

I wish I could had made this game. I didn't think SI would win this game. But good win for them. Better team than I thought.

#4 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:25 PM

I wish I could had made this game. I didn't think SI would win this game. But good win for them. Better team than I thought.

It really was a great game. South opened up a sizable lead early... 10-12 pts or something like that... and Lake Norman would cut it down. Then South would answer and open it back up. That happened multiple times throughout the game. Finally Lake Norman erased a double digit deficit in the 4th qtr to actually take a lead. Then South responded and then held on for the win. It really was a great game. JV Guys game and Varsitu girls game were all 1 point games as well I believe

#5 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:07 PM

Wow I hated that I missed that one.

#6 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:35 PM

Something tells me you may get to see that rematch twice at South. Once in the Christmas tournament (if LKN is in it) then the regular season rematch at South

#7 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:43 PM

One of the Best games I have seen and One of the best basketball Atmospheres I have seen in a while.

South Iredell Dominated scoring 24 pts in the first period compared to LKN 14 pts. In the 4th lkn scored 30 n SI scored 23 but SI had a better 2/3 period then lkn in pts. SI dominated in every aspect, SI rebounded, they played good defense. They had a few sweet Drunks/Slam.

LKN taken way to many 3's which didnt fall, they couldnt rebound and their defense isnt that great leaving some wide open drunk/slam for the Vikings but LKN got HOT in the 4th making it a tied game but Every time LKN got within 5-9 points in the game SI would open it back up. The referees in the Boys game were pretty good and make some good call but If u ask about the girls game dont ask

LKN is still in the hunt and still a good team but SI proved to me that their 8-0 record isnt no Fluke and They are legit and I give them by respect and I will say RN they will be #1 in my standings and 2nd place is wide opened with 4-5 teams with 2-1 conference records.

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#8 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

I'm planning on going to the Christmas tournament. At least I will be off that day that is if nothing comes up with my schedule. I know there will be some good games.

#9 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

I'm planning on going to the Christmas tournament. At least I will be off that day that is if nothing comes up with my schedule. I know there will be some good games.

That's SI vs West Forsyth game at North Forsyth should be a epic game

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#10 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:51 PM

West Forsyth will walk away from SI... don't expect that to be within 20 pts

#11 Ilovesports

Ilovesports

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:46 PM

Again, SI needs to play someone first....Lake Norman is weak at best this year.  Hope SI keeps winning though...their school needs basketball to be relevant once again. 

#12 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:49 PM

Again, SI needs to play someone first....Lake Norman is weak at best this year. Hope SI keeps winning though...their school needs basketball to be relevant once again.

I wouldn't say LKN is "weak". Not having a post game has just made them inconsistent. First year in quite a while they haven't had a big guy down low to feed the ball to

JeffChapman-Dynamic