Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Eastern Plains Conference

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BroadwayJ

BroadwayJ

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:25 PM

Big conference meet last Tuesday night with front runners Washington and Farmville Central squaring off for the top spot in the conference. Washington started slow but pulled out a 46-21 victory. Washington has started the season well winning the Fall Beach Brawl tournament @ West Carteret and finishing 4th in the Beast of The East tournament @ Croatan even while wrestling without their starting 32, 45 and 60 pounders, all three were taking the ACT exam.

#2 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,556 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

32, 45, and 60 pounders?  Either they've missed  a bunch of meals or kids are shrinking these days ...

#3 BroadwayJ

BroadwayJ

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:13 AM

32, 45 and 60 are terms wrestlers use for 132lbs, 145lbs, etc. No wrestler EVER says "I wrestle @ 132lbs" They always say they wrestle @32, etc. I know you're pulling my leg but there may be some that do not know. Hope your doing well.

#4 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:12 AM

One would think with the athletes Washington has that they would be top dog in 2A in the east. Coach Perry at Croatan is a master at getting kids to wrestle and coaching. I think that's the difference in eastern powers. Farmville Central has made huge gains in wrestling in the last four years. Beast of the East is a big event. Finishing fourth is dang good. Very impressed with the Dixon High staff. They have had great teams the last four years. Those kids are solid in the technical department. Anyone attend the Beast of the East? I would like to here some feedback.

#5 BroadwayJ

BroadwayJ

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

Here is the break down from the Best of The East tournament @ Croatan.

# 1 - Dixon - 196 points

#2 - Croatan - 180 points

#3 Wheatmore - 165 points

#4 - Washington - 164.5 points

#5 - Swansboro - 124.5 points

Dixon's going to be a tough out again this year. Tough top to bottom. Croatan is solid as always. Washington is very good in the lighter weights but have some work ahead @ the upper weights. Starting a freshman @ heavyweight that will be really good in another year.

#6 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:34 PM

Here is the break down from the Best of The East tournament @ Croatan.

# 1 - Dixon - 196 points
#2 - Croatan - 180 points
#3 Wheatmore - 165 points
#4 - Washington - 164.5 points
#5 - Swansboro - 124.5 points

Dixon's going to be a tough out again this year. Tough top to bottom. Croatan is solid as always. Washington is very good in the lighter weights but have some work ahead @ the upper weights. Starting a freshman @ heavyweight that will be really good in another year.

I'm surprised Wheatmore came that distance to compete. If they finished third with that good of a field then they look to be a player again in 2A again. Croatan and Dixon are going to be difficult to beat down east. Swansboro sitting at the front gate of the he military base should have more than enough high quality kids to make a title run. Over the years Washington has had many individual great athletes but problems covering all the weights to compete for a dual title. Not gonna win with three empty weights. That's 18 points given away even if the other team's kids have sub .500 records.

JeffChapman-Dynamic