Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Top Mens 3A Teams through Dec.14th

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 FrmerCoach

FrmerCoach

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:19 AM

Who all is having a good year so far? These are in no particular order, just listing some findings out here for conversation sake.

Teams that I know of are:

Cox Mill 5-3, 4-1 SPC losses to JM Robinson in OT, Charlotte Christian, and Gaston Day

JM Robinson     losses to Carson, Providence Day, and Hickory Ridge by 1

Carson 5-2, 5-1 SPC, losses to West Rowan and Thomasville

Weddington 5-4, losses to Cox Mill, Village Christian Academy, Charlotte Catholic,and Charlotte Christian

Hickory Ridge 7-0, 5-0 SPC

North forsyth 5-2 losses to West Stokes and Mount Tabor 4A powerhouse

Ledford 6-3 losses to West Davidson and North Forsyth

Hickory 4-1loss to Kings Mountain

Foard 4-2

Erwin 4-1

N Buncombe 4-1

McDowell-6-0 are they 3 or 4 A?

St. Stephens 5-1

#2 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:09 PM

Who all is having a good year so far? These are in no particular order, just listing some findings out here for conversation sake.

Teams that I know of are:

Cox Mill 5-3, 4-1 SPC losses to JM Robinson in OT, Charlotte Christian, and Gaston Day

JM Robinson     losses to Carson, Providence Day, and Hickory Ridge by 1

Carson 5-2, 5-1 SPC, losses to West Rowan and Thomasville

Weddington 5-4, losses to Cox Mill, Village Christian Academy, Charlotte Catholic,and Charlotte Christian

Hickory Ridge 7-0, 5-0 SPC

North forsyth 5-2 losses to West Stokes and Mount Tabor 4A powerhouse

Ledford 6-3 losses to West Davidson and North Forsyth

Hickory 4-1loss to Kings Mountain

Foard 4-2

Erwin 4-1

N Buncombe 4-1

McDowell-6-0 are they 3 or 4 A?

St. Stephens 5-1

Good list, McDowell is 4A. Some other good 3A teams are-

Eastern Alamance (4-0)

Freedom (2-1)

Southern Durham (6-2)

West Brunswick (5-1)

North Buncombe (4-1)

#3 preacherman

preacherman

Established Member

• Members
  • 927 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:46 PM

Looks like great year for Hickory Ridge. From Football

#4 FrmerCoach

FrmerCoach

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:12 AM

Good list, McDowell is 4A. Some other good 3A teams are-

Eastern Alamance (4-0)

Freedom (2-1)

Southern Durham (6-2)

West Brunswick (5-1)

North Buncombe (4-1)

Looks like great year for Hickory Ridge. From Football

preacherman- HR is so athletic in all their sports.  They should excel and I see no problem when they go 4A next year. I think they'll still compete at that level. 

titanman27-I couldn't remember if McDowell was or not, thanks for clearing that up for me and thanks for the addition of the non-western teams.  I do not venture out that way so, I dont know anything about those areas. 

#5 banditback

banditback

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:43 AM

I think that what most do not realize is that Harrisburg is a bedroom community for Charlotte. You can be in downtown Charlotte in 15 minutes. They get a lot of the Charlotte area kids whose parents are smart enough to avoid the Mecklenburg Co. taxes. Hickory Ridge is a big beneficiary of that fact. For that matter, so does Cox Mill who borders the Mallard Creek district.

#6 FrmerCoach

FrmerCoach

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:30 AM

I think that what most do not realize is that Harrisburg is a bedroom community for Charlotte. You can be in downtown Charlotte in 15 minutes. They get a lot of the Charlotte area kids whose parents are smart enough to avoid the Mecklenburg Co. taxes. Hickory Ridge is a big beneficiary of that fact. For that matter, so does Cox Mill who borders the Mallard Creek district.

Ive been saying that for years.  I could not agree more. 

#7 FrmerCoach

FrmerCoach

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:34 AM

Carson won a physical battle last night vs Thomasville and avenged last weeks loss 64-59 and improved to 6-2,(5-2)SPC. 

#8 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:37 PM

Gotta Take Notice of the 8-0 (3-0) South Iredell Vikings, the def. LKN 71-70 in a EPIC game ... SI dominated most of the game but the 4th qtr was a wild one!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#9 FrmerCoach

FrmerCoach

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:24 PM

Gotta Take Notice of the 8-0 (3-0) South Iredell Vikings, the def. LKN 71-70 in a EPIC game ... SI dominated most of the game but the 4th qtr was a wild one!

Notice has been taken, Carson won at the buzzer last night vs NW Cabarrus and improve to 7-2(,6-1) SPC.  Will you be up at the SamMoir this year at Catawba for any games?

#10 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:45 PM

Notice has been taken, Carson won at the buzzer last night vs NW Cabarrus and improve to 7-2(,6-1) SPC. Will you be up at the SamMoir this year at Catawba for any games?

Yes I will but if not I'll let u know

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#11 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:47 PM

Notice has been taken, Carson won at the buzzer last night vs NW Cabarrus and improve to 7-2(,6-1) SPC. Will you be up at the SamMoir this year at Catawba for any games?

How does NWC look anyway n also how forward r u looking to on being back in the Old 3A version of the NPC 3A conference

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#12 FrmerCoach

FrmerCoach

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

NWC is athletic as all the cabarrus teams are..they matchup well with Carson.  I am definitely looking forward to the NPC, the SPC is a different animal. In recent years Carson has had some teams that would've won the NPC and finished 4-5th in the SPC.  Super tough and loaded league 1-8...the bottom couple not so much.

#13 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:00 PM

NWC is athletic as all the cabarrus teams are..they matchup well with Carson.  I am definitely looking forward to the NPC, the SPC is a different animal. In recent years Carson has had some teams that would've won the NPC and finished 4-5th in the SPC.  Super tough and loaded league 1-8...the bottom couple not so much.

Thats why i like SPC its a basketball area lol

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#14 FrmerCoach

FrmerCoach

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:39 PM

Thats why i like SPC its a basketball area lol

It is very much a basketball area and good football too.  Baseball has contenders yearly as well.  Carson should be loaded this year in baseball. Owen White Top Junior in the nation according to online rankings in baseball. Multiple kids that play on the South Charlotte Baseball team. 

#15 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:08 PM

It is very much a basketball area and good football too.  Baseball has contenders yearly as well.  Carson should be loaded this year in baseball. Owen White Top Junior in the nation according to online rankings in baseball. Multiple kids that play on the South Charlotte Baseball team. 

Mooresville has Carson this year but I think this will be a interesting game but I would love to see Carson vs like Providence or Audrey Kell  like the top teams in CLT area.......

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#16 FrmerCoach

FrmerCoach

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:18 AM

Mooresville has Carson this year but I think this will be a interesting game but I would love to see Carson vs like Providence or Audrey Kell  like the top teams in CLT area.......

Id like to see that as well.  

#17 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:49 PM

Mooresville will get smoked in the Sam Moir this year. We beat Carson by a few last yr in this tournament but I don't see that being the case this year. We've got no depth. Can't shoot well consistently. And lack leadership. 3 pretty big problems. The lack of depth really hurt- we only have 8 or 9 players now

#18 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:49 PM

I still haven't decided if I'm gonna go out to the tournament or not yet.

#19 FrmerCoach

FrmerCoach

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:40 AM

I still haven't decided if I'm gonna go out to the tournament or not yet.

Ill be there

#20 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:19 PM

Ill be there

I'll be there 99.5% sure of it lol

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

JeffChapman-Dynamic