Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Top Teams Next Season 2a/2aa

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 dogs79

dogs79

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:58 AM

What ya'll think?

#2 kms51

kms51

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:11 AM

What's the list of teams moving to 2a?

#3 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:56 AM

Shelby will be little 2A next year and should be ranked first again. Return all state Dax Hollifield,, best RB, and Malik Surrattt at QB. They will certainly reload at other positions even with many returning on both sides of the ball.

South Point will be 2AA and are playing for the 3A title Saturday. Most likely they will be very good with the returning young men. Both of these will be in the same conference in 2016. These two will have monster defenses again next year.

Hibriten goes 2AA. They should be very good but they will graduate a lot on both sides of the ball.

#4 kms51

kms51

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:00 PM

I also know Wallace rose hill will be 2a, west craven and north Davidson will also be 2a.
I also expect reidsville to be good again

#5 dogs79

dogs79

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:10 PM

Well, I was thinking WRH might win 2a (4 peat) but with Shelby moving to little 2a there goes that thought. But, with new conference and schedule maybe we can compete with Shelby soon.. I would like to think now, but with Shelby's history I don't know. Jk is moving to 2a also. Not sure when they will contend again, but probably not long.

#6 FBCapitalOfNC

FBCapitalOfNC

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

It's speculation whether a team will be 2a or 2aa next year at this point with the exception of 1a teams moving up.
Shelby, Reidsville, Lincolnton, Hendersonville, and normal players should be back. Newcomer WRH, N Davidson should be good

#7 Darkhorse2007

Darkhorse2007

Established Member

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

Clinton will be good not sure how good remains to be seen got to replace some really good RBs and lost a big portion of our front 7 to graduation.....more than likely will be young next season expect to see alot of sophomores moved up to help fill the void from a solid 9-1 jv team.....QB/DB Kris Williams returns Fullback Jaylen Smith returns may play some linebacker aswell most of the offensive line returns.......tough non conference schedule which includes Cape Fear Southern Lee Northside Jax and East Bladen.....and of course that tough conference with WRH,East Duplin,and JK so we will be battle tested.....i honestly see a 7-3 possibly 6-4 at worse all kinda depends on how guys step up and step in to new leading roles

Clinton Dark Horses
State Champs 90,96,97,2001,2005
Eastern Champs 76,90,95,96,97,2001,2002,2005,2006,2014

#8 TGT

TGT

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

2-A finalist Edenton will be in 1-A class next season

#9 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:45 PM

Watch out for east lincoln they return Marcus graham. Maiden will still be good if the jv team matures fast team came only 6 points from an undefeated season. My sleeper is west lincoln (yes west lincoln) team hardly lost any seniors and had a good jv team don't be surprised they in the middle of the pack this season. Hibriten loses a lot but competes in a very weak conference next season. Should help the team get wins easy.

#10 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:31 PM

East Lincoln should be very good. Depends on adjustments to new system and leader.

#11 Cagle89

Cagle89

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:05 AM

Watch out for east lincoln they return Marcus graham. Maiden will still be good if the jv team matures fast team came only 6 points from an undefeated season. My sleeper is west lincoln (yes west lincoln) team hardly lost any seniors and had a good jv team don't be surprised they in the middle of the pack this season. Hibriten loses a lot but competes in a very weak conference next season. Should help the team get wins easy.

Where you been? Lol.... Still eating the Hibriten sugar?.... SP next year in 2AA is gonna be deadly!

#RaiderNation

3A State Champs

#12 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:29 AM

I also know Wallace rose hill will be 2a, west craven and north Davidson will also be 2a.
I also expect reidsville to be good again

North Davidson's saving grace is senoirs will be allowed to graduate at ND and not move to the new school opening.. Then they will be a divided talent pool. Should be a great first year in realignment.

#13 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 846 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:04 PM

I think we will be up near the top of 2a next year.

#14 TheMule

TheMule

JV Team

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:49 PM

Clinton will be good not sure how good remains to be seen got to replace some really good RBs and lost a big portion of our front 7 to graduation.....more than likely will be young next season expect to see alot of sophomores moved up to help fill the void from a solid 9-1 jv team.....QB/DB Kris Williams returns Fullback Jaylen Smith returns may play some linebacker aswell most of the offensive line returns.......tough non conference schedule which includes Cape Fear Southern Lee Northside Jax and East Bladen.....and of course that tough conference with WRH,East Duplin,and JK so we will be battle tested.....i honestly see a 7-3 possibly 6-4 at worse all kinda depends on how guys step up and step in to new leading roles

I have been a Clinton fan since the 1950s.  Unless the DarkHorses bring their offense into the modern era ( like in having a balanced offense that can throw the ball ) I don't think they can win a State Championship like so many of their devoted fans hope for.

Just one opinion.

#15 kms51

kms51

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:04 PM

I have been a Clinton fan since the 1950s.  Unless the DarkHorses bring their offense into the modern era ( like in having a balanced offense that can throw the ball ) I don't think they can win a State Championship like so many of their devoted fans hope for.

Just one opinion.

How do you think reidsville will be next year?

#16 FBCapitalOfNC

FBCapitalOfNC

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:34 PM

Reidsville will have a few big shoes to fill but should be pretty good

#17 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:24 AM

Mount Pleasant have a few big shoes to fill but the Tigers have the chance to be very good next year.

#18 Darkhorse2007

Darkhorse2007

Established Member

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:21 AM

Mule i agree with you 100% think the way the season has ended the last two years I particular alot of fans are starting to feel the same way....alot of mumbles and gumbles in the crowd during that playoff lost as we watch the same plays being run over and over and over with no success im sorry running the ball when a team has all 11 defenders in the box aint gonna work does not matter how good your running backs are or how good the offensive line is numbers wise too many defenders to block.......i would love for Coach Michael Bell to take over offensive play calling when he was Coach of the JV he had a spread offense which he mainly ran the ball out of but threw enough to keep defenses honest.....got his players in space and for a JV team it was pretty effective as that team averaged probably 50+ a game back in 2013 a team that included guys like Skinner and Wright and of course Bell also ran alil bit of Lewis's full house.......Bell's whole system was about getting his athletes into to space and it worked........heard a rumor 2017 may be Bob Lewis's final season if so i really hope administration considers Coach Bell but from what i heard and its just a rumor Coach Jason Arnette is the Coach in waiting and he'll probably run the same exact system Lewis runs so pretty much more of the same

Clinton Dark Horses

#19 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:14 AM

Mountain Heritage will be solid again

#20 Magnum

Magnum

JV Team

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:05 PM

Where you been? Lol.... Still eating the Hibriten sugar?.... SP next year in 2AA is gonna be deadly!

SP better hope shelby goes small because that youth league offense will not work against them.

#21 WNCfootballFan

WNCfootballFan

JV Team

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

In WNC the new conference realignment in 2-a will be fun to watch.  Mt. Heritage should stand out in the WHC but I am really excited about the new 2-A conference(don't know if there is a name for it yet).  Pisgah, Franklin and Hendo are going to all be good and those will be some big battles.  Also throw in Smoky and Brevard it could make for a fun year in that conference. 

#22 Superkase

Superkase

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

In WNC the new conference realignment in 2-a will be fun to watch.  Mt. Heritage should stand out in the WHC but I am really excited about the new 2-A conference(don't know if there is a name for it yet).  Pisgah, Franklin and Hendo are going to all be good and those will be some big battles.  Also throw in Smoky and Brevard it could make for a fun year in that conference. 

I agree completely.  Maybe the conference won't bring home any state titles but it will be a fun conference to watch without a lot of truly weak spots.  Just wish we had more than six teams.

#23 RWTW

RWTW

Rookie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

@Darkhorse2007 Just curious as to why you think Coach Arnette would run the T? I know from a very reliable source that given the opportunity, he would not primarily run the T. 

#24 Darkhorse2007

Darkhorse2007

Established Member

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:48 PM

I just figured being tutored by Lewis it would be more of the same but if he changes the offense up im all for it asling as it is balanced.....we got to get with the times and that means throwing the ball more to keep teams honest.....no more opposing defenses stacking 11 guys within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage

Clinton Dark Horses

#25 CHSFootball2016

CHSFootball2016

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:55 PM

Mule i agree with you 100% think the way the season has ended the last two years I particular alot of fans are starting to feel the same way....alot of mumbles and gumbles in the crowd during that playoff lost as we watch the same plays being run over and over and over with no success im sorry running the ball when a team has all 11 defenders in the box aint gonna work does not matter how good your running backs are or how good the offensive line is numbers wise too many defenders to block.......i would love for Coach Michael Bell to take over offensive play calling when he was Coach of the JV he had a spread offense which he mainly ran the ball out of but threw enough to keep defenses honest.....got his players in space and for a JV team it was pretty effective as that team averaged probably 50+ a game back in 2013 a team that included guys like Skinner and Wright and of course Bell also ran alil bit of Lewis's full house.......Bell's whole system was about getting his athletes into to space and it worked........heard a rumor 2017 may be Bob Lewis's final season if so i really hope administration considers Coach Bell but from what i heard and its just a rumor Coach Jason Arnette is the Coach in waiting and he'll probably run the same exact system Lewis runs so pretty much more of the same

All of us bleacher coaches could easily run the team better than the hall of fame coach who has won multiple state titles. We would have done this or that differently. You wouldn't have aired the "mumbles and grumbles" on this message noard had CHS beat Northside...running the T. It is so easy to go back and adjust the game plan after the game. Hell, I would love to see Coach Lewis open it up a bit more, but the who am I to 2nd guess him? There is a lot more to coaching a football team than simply calling plays. This year's team didn't have the personnel to be much more than a power running team. Coach Bell's spread mentality would likely have hurt this team tremendously. I can't say whether Coach Bell would do a good job or not because I don't know a lot about him. I have common friends with Coach Arnette and I've heard nothing that makes me believe he would be married to the T. It is my understanding that it is quite a task to gain Coach Lewis' full trust, but from what I've seen at the couple of practices I've watched and the games on Friday nights, I think he has a lot of faith in Coach Arnette. There is a certain % of CHS fans that have been spoiled over the years by Coach Lewis' success...running the T. Maybe we should remain fans and support the team and let the people who actually coach and run the team do just that.

JeffChapman-Dynamic