Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Edenton Holmes vs Reidsville 2A Championship

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Burleson

Daniel Burleson

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 2,824 posts
  • Email:dburleson@carolinapreps.com

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:10 AM

Edenton makes their 1st championship appearance since 1969, to take on a Reidsville team that is looking for their 1st title since 2009. Who you got for the 2A Championship?

#2 rambbq

rambbq

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:54 AM

Daniel, Reidsville won their last 2AA title in 2009 versus Newton-Conover.....in the 2000's the Rams won it 2002, 2003, runner-up in 2005, won it all again in 2007, 2008 and 2009.....those last 3 titles came in the midst of Reidsville's 55 game winning streak...A mark 2nd all time in NC to Independence who won 100 plus.......

Defense wins titles...and altho the Rams are avg. over 50 points a game.....I think their D which is giving up less than 7pts. per game could be the difference......I know I'm a homer....but I'll take Reidsville in a close one..........................

#3 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:08 PM

2009 N-C had no answer for the Rams. Destroyed.

#4 4ACES

4ACES

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:01 PM

I'm betting my money on Edenton. Our triple option offense has proven unstoppable so far in the postseason, and I believe Paul Hoggard will have the Aces locked in and ready to play. And our defense has stepped it up in the last two rounds, going on the road to contain Northeastern's high-scoring attack and South Columbus's Wing-T.

#5 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

Let's see here. Thomasville fans thought Mattera was not good enough. Richmond fans blasted Hoogard and his QB son. Who's playing next week? Karma. #basketballseasonearly

#6 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:06 AM

I'm just hoping for a great game (and a Reidsville win).  

#7 radioguy16

radioguy16

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:42 AM

I am looking forward to watching this game on Saturday. It should be a exciting matchup but I will take the Rams 45-21

#8 WMFootballFanatic

WMFootballFanatic

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:03 PM

I had forgotten that Hoggard was at Edenton GDG. One of his many mentees, Nick Eddins has led West Montgomery to the 1AA finals for the second time in his 6 years as our head coach. Maybe those Richmond fans will one day realize it wasn't the coaching. For that reason alone I will pull for Edenton. Great matchup. Reidsville just looks nasty on paper. I'm sure they are just as nasty on the field.

#9 TheMule

TheMule

JV Team

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:17 PM

I had forgotten that Hoggard was at Edenton GDG. One of his many mentees, Nick Eddins has led West Montgomery to the 1AA finals for the second time in his 6 years as our head coach. Maybe those Richmond fans will one day realize it wasn't the coaching. For that reason alone I will pull for Edenton. Great matchup. Reidsville just looks nasty on paper. I'm sure they are just as nasty on the field.

Yes they are.

#10 kms51

kms51

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:31 PM

The option concerns me just because we haven't seen it this year.

#11 rambbq

rambbq

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:37 PM

Edenton better bring their A defense because the Rams have a very diverse O................

#12 CHEERDUCK

CHEERDUCK

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:26 PM

Reidsville's defense is more than adequate to handle the triple option. After watching the job the did to shut down Lincolnton, I'm thinking they have some smart coaches to develop the necessary scheme to slow down Northside.

Offensively, the Rams can move the ball both on the ground and through the air.

I will say Reidsville will be the favorite to capture the State Championship.

It's not where you start, but where you finish!

#13 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:29 PM

Rams 42
Holmes 21

"You can't control the wind, but you can always adjust your sails."

#14 rambbq

rambbq

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:58 PM

Problem is Cheerduck...we ain't playing Northside....lol....Shelby gets that honor in the 2AA bracket....Reidsville plays Edenton....lol.....I wish I'd known you were here in Reidsville Fri. nite....if you had posted something I would've made a point to greet you and  "Lincolnton"...so sorry I didn't get to see you...........Hope all is well with you and yours.....Merry Christmas........................

#15 CHEERDUCK

CHEERDUCK

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:15 AM

Problem is Cheerduck...we ain't playing Northside....lol....Shelby gets that honor in the 2AA bracket....Reidsville plays Edenton....lol.....I wish I'd known you were here in Reidsville Fri. nite....if you had posted something I would've made a point to greet you and  "Lincolnton"...so sorry I didn't get to see you...........Hope all is well with you and yours.....Merry Christmas........................

Probably the reason I'm lost half the time myself...LOL...I did come into the stands looking for you,but everyone was so bundled up and when I asked one fellow that I thought may know he looked at me like I was from Mars. I figured I had held up Mr. Lincolnton long enough, although I found him memorizing the big lighted board with all of Reidsville's accomplishments on them. Maybe we'll see you guys Saturday. I'll let you know if I work it out. Good luck.

#16 rambbq

rambbq

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:14 AM

let me know if you do go....gonna be wet and chilly supposedly...hope not.............pretty chilly last week that's for sure.....................

#17 CHEERDUCK

CHEERDUCK

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:34 PM

let me know if you do go....gonna be wet and chilly supposedly...hope not.............pretty chilly last week that's for sure.....................

Will do.

#18 cougars'12

cougars'12

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:45 PM

Reidsville wins 58-12

#19 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:47 PM

Rams in a rout. Great season!

"You can't control the wind, but you can always adjust your sails."

#20 88 Red Raiders

88 Red Raiders

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:23 PM

Congratulations to the Reidsville Rams!!!

#21 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:48 PM

Congratulations to Reidsville for the win. I felt like they had the defense as well as the offense to win out.

#22 kingbluedevil

kingbluedevil

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:49 PM

#34 was a star at running back, led the team in tackles and was on the kickoff team. When the Reidsville kicker didn't kick it in the end zone it was the best coverage I've seen all year. Reidsville could play at any level this year.

#23 Reeducator

Reeducator

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:16 PM

I hadn't seen my alma mater play in a while and was glad to see coach Teague win another one. Was almost like a class reunion! I think the stage was too big for EH, and Reidsville was too good on defense. Made the aces option attack look very thrown together at times. It's amazing what the staff at Reidsville (some actually coached me) does with assembling talent. Go Rams!

#24 '98 State Champion

'98 State Champion

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:46 AM

How can you be in a championship game and not have a decent long snapper?

#25 FBCapitalOfNC

FBCapitalOfNC

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:15 PM

98 most teams think any ole lineman can long-snap. Cost Edenton 21 pts. Least appreciated most overlooked position on the field...until something goes wrong

JeffChapman-Dynamic