Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Plymouth vs Murphy 1A Championship

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Burleson

Daniel Burleson

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 2,824 posts
  • Email:dburleson@carolinapreps.com

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:26 PM

For the 3rd time in 5 years, Plymouth and Murphy will once again play each other for the right to be called 1A State Champions. Who you got in this championship game rubber match?

#2 Speedster92

Speedster92

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:31 PM

Let me get it started GO BULLDOGS

#3 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:32 PM

I know it will be a close game because Plymouth is a fine football team and program with great athletes.

The only thing I will say with any certainty is that this year's Murphy team is much better than the 2012 or 2013 Murphy teams Plymouth played, will that mean a hill of beans come next Saturday? who knows.. looking forward to it!

#4 Alex Rains

Alex Rains

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:00 PM

This Viking defense is playing the best I've seen this year. Murphy is always tough. I'll wait to pick this one, but expect another nail biter! Safe travels to everyone, and SMC Observer, thanks again for your help tonight.

#5 SMCdogfan

SMCdogfan

Established Member

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:18 PM

If anything after MIC and Mitchell we are battle tested coming in.I look forward to playing you guys again. The games have been close and entertaining. I love your band as well. They are always dancing even when our band is playing. It's just something you don't see around home. Safe travels to everyone and goodluck.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 Cold Biscuit

Cold Biscuit

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:53 PM

I said last week Murphy would beat Mitchell by 21. I don't think this one will be any different. Murphy by 28

#7 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:56 PM

A lot will depend on if everyone is healthy for Murphy, possible that a couple very key players were hurt tonight. If those players are out or have to play hurt it could really effect Dogs.

#8 footballfan252

footballfan252

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:15 AM

Cold biscuit you have no respect for the Plymouth Vikings but that's great! See you next week

#9 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:27 AM

I know it will be a close game because Plymouth is a fine football team and program with great athletes.

The only thing I will say with any certainty is that this year's Murphy team is much better than the 2012 or 2013 Murphy teams Plymouth played, will that mean a hill of beans come next Saturday? who knows.. looking forward to it!

I don't know about "much better". Maybe a little better as a whole but those Murphy teams had some playmakers on offense and those teams could score from anywhere on the field. I will say that this year's defense is much better than the 12 and 13 defenses. Having said all that, I think the Dogs win the rubber match with Plymouth and bring home title #8 next Saturday!!

#10 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:37 AM

I don't know about "much better". Maybe a little better as a whole but those Murphy teams had some playmakers on offense and those teams could score from anywhere on the field. I will say that this year's defense is much better than the 12 and 13 defenses. Having said all that, I think the Dogs win the rubber match with Plymouth and bring home title #8 next Saturday!!

much may be a strong word, but they're better than either of those teams

#11 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:44 AM

much may be a strong word, but they're better than either of those teams

Agree. I wonder how this Plymouth team compares to the 12 and 13 Viking teams?

#12 raptor

raptor

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:54 AM

If anything after MIC and Mitchell we are battle tested coming in.I look forward to playing you guys again. The games have been close and entertaining. I love your band as well. They are always dancing even when our band is playing. It's just something you don't see around home. Safe travels to everyone and goodluck.

Dont include mitchell in your battle test. You guys got mitchells z game. I thought the winner of the murphy/mitchell game had the state ring by14 but im not so sure now.

#13 SMCdogfan

SMCdogfan

Established Member

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:38 AM

Dont include mitchell in your battle test. You guys got mitchells z game. I thought the winner of the murphy/mitchell game had the state ring by14 but im not so sure now.

Don't be a sore loser
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 GoodKNIGHT

GoodKNIGHT

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:07 AM

This game is over by halftime. Murphy by 24

#15 MHS88

MHS88

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:33 AM

All that matters is getting the win and a state championship. Point spread means absolutely nothing in this game.

#16 footballfan252

footballfan252

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:52 AM

Goodknight said the game will be over by halftime! Wow!

#17 Vikingfan08

Vikingfan08

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:12 PM

Agree. I wonder how this Plymouth team compares to the 12 and 13 Viking teams?

Let's get ready to rumble!! LMBO.. I'm just super excited for the VIKINGS and the town of Plymouth. These young men are trying to not be the team that breaks the streak of championship appearances, starts the season 0-3 an finished strong! The defense is playing lights out! The offense is still a struggle to me. One minute they look like world beaters, the next, they look like they have no clue! If they don't get it together offensively for this game, I'm afraid we will be on the losing end. Although our defense I believe is good enough to keep us in it, I just don't see them winning it without better offense. Cody always has the guys ready, we are experienced, an know how to win the close one. If both teams bring there A game, I give the nod to the Vikings. A special team play will win it. 20-18 Vikings. And to answer your question Nolefan... I don't think we are as explosive offensively as the teams in the past. But our defense surprises me every week. Cant wait for Saturday!

#18 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:28 PM

Let's get ready to rumble!! LMBO.. I'm just super excited for the VIKINGS and the town of Plymouth. These young men are trying to not be the team that breaks the streak of championship appearances, starts the season 0-3 an finished strong! The defense is playing lights out! The offense is still a struggle to me. One minute they look like world beaters, the next, they look like they have no clue! If they don't get it together offensively for this game, I'm afraid we will be on the losing end. Although our defense I believe is good enough to keep us in it, I just don't see them winning it without better offense. Cody always has the guys ready, we are experienced, an know how to win the close one. If both teams bring there A game, I give the nod to the Vikings. A special team play will win it. 20-18 Vikings. And to answer your question Nolefan... I don't think we are as explosive offensively as the teams in the past. But our defense surprises me every week. Cant wait for Saturday!

I'm sure Plymouth is awesome as usual! Lots of respect for the Vikings! It will be a good, close game. Can't wait to watch it!

#19 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

This will be a good football game like the other two. From what I understand Plymouth has a very stout defense, so this game may well be a low scoring affair, as Murphy has a pretty stout defense as well. Hopefully the weather isn't too bad though, could have a negative impact on Murphy's passing game (freezing rain in the forecast).

#20 Alex Rains

Alex Rains

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:46 PM

Didn't we have freezing rain the last time we met in Winston-Salem in 2013? Lol I was so glad to be in the pressbox for that one.

#21 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:51 AM

Didn't we have freezing rain the last time we met in Winston-Salem in 2013? Lol I was so glad to be in the pressbox for that one.

Yep! Sure did. I drove home wet and frozen half to death after that one! But it was well worth it! Good times.

#22 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:50 AM

I don't think this Murphy team is as good as any of the other Murphy title appearance teams. Defense might be better but offense isn't as good. I still think the Dogs win. 35-21.

#23 Cold Biscuit

Cold Biscuit

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:35 PM

Cold biscuit you have no respect for the Plymouth Vikings but that's great! See you next week

No sir, I respect Plymouth and feel they are the best team out of the east. I gave my honest opinion instead of blowing smoke. I believe in this group of Murphy kids and believe they're pretty darn good. I'm sure Plymouth will show up, they didn't get there by chance. Good luck to you and your team Saturday. (Except giving up a few turnovers would be nice)

#24 Alex Rains

Alex Rains

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:34 PM

I think this is a defensive struggle. One mistake on either side could be the difference in the ballgame. Still not ready to call this one, but a 14-10 final wouldn't surprise me one bit!

#25 footballfan252

footballfan252

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:24 AM

I believe Plymouth will shock a lot of people Saturday! Can't wait

JeffChapman-Dynamic