Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

WHC 2017

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#126 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:01 PM

Of course Christ School will be contenders because they have recruited all the local high schools talent and play an extremely weak private school schedule. Better watch your players up there in Mitchell County! Lol

again to be fair tho, NC private schools their arent many GREAT private school programs unless ur DD or CLT private school but I think Private school is better in Basketball n Baseball wise, football is lacking behind

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#127 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:13 AM

Well, with the Gibbs boys abandoning Owen, it looks like their bounce-back season will much like the previous two. I hate it really because with Hendersonville leaving, the conference will be even more top-heavy. I'd say Heritage is the favorite headed towards august, but Mitchell won't roll over. I'm still hearing rumors about quite a few transfers from Avery to Mitchell, so the Vikings will likely slug it out with Owen for #6. The enigmas for me this year are Polk and Madison. Coach Ollis is a big bonus for the wolverines, so they could possibly give Mitchell or Mountain Heritage a run for their money. I still don't know about Madison tho. I was the only one that gave them any hope in the pre season last year, and they had a pretty good season by Madison standards. If Coach Rhodarmer can keep uncle Mo in Marshall, the Pats could be well on their way to the second winning season in school history. Losing Colby Edwards will hurt, he was a special athlete. I don't know who all graduated, and who all is up and coming. Maybe some of our Patriot fans can give us some insight.

My updated Prediction:

1. Mountain Heritage (5-0)

2. Mitchell (4-1)

3. Madison (3-2)

4. Polk (2-3)

5. Owen (1-4)

6. Avery (0-5)

#128 cougars'12

cougars'12

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:48 AM

Madison will be young at the skill positions, but they return their whole line and their brute of a fullback and mlb Ty Snealson, he was the primary back against Heritage and Mitchell last year, a lot of people myself included underestimated Madison last year because of all the transfers but you could tell last years team was hungry and competitive in most every game if they keep building on that they have the size and enough athletes to be a really competitive team.

#129 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:18 PM

Bear in mind too, that Snealson was never intended to be a fullback. He was thrust in the position after the transfers and mid season injuries. At 6- 1 235, he is slow, and not very athletic, but is a up the gut freight train. (Much like myself once upon a time lol). I think Madison just might throw a wrench in the top of the heap this year. Possibly wrecking someone's perfect season and causing a 3 way tie. As alluded in another thread, Owen's talent pool has dried up (temporarily I'm sure), as to a lesser extent, Polk's. Avery has the skills but little size, much like in years past, but no one in newland can seem to get along. Mitchell and Mountain Heritage have what they have always had; big ugly brutes that hit likes its still 1966, they just now have coaches that win games. Good Lord is it August yet?

#130 cougars'12

cougars'12

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:49 PM

Who was there running back who got hurt last season? was he a senoir

#131 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:41 PM

Can't recall offhand, something like Lacorte maybe? I could be wrong...

#132 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:10 PM

Congrats to Mitchell wr. Brody Smith on his 400m state title today.

#133 Appvol

Appvol

Established Member

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:40 PM

Bump
VFL

#134 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:42 AM

whats the word up in newland appvol?

#135 Appvol

Appvol

Established Member

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:28 PM

Don't really know.My son has been lifting at Cloudland during the week and doing some OL drills.Its dead period next week.
VFL

JeffChapman-Dynamic