Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

WHC 2017

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#51 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 808 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:42 AM

A team cant pay another team to schedule them, im pretty sure its against the rules. And $5000? c'mon ya'll.

Davey Crockett paid heritage to play them couple years ago. To bad heritage and iMitchell only play once,

#52 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 808 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

western highlands better not overlook Owen and Polk this season. Owen has the best player Gibbs in the league coming back, plus their line is huge, Polk has Ollie one of the best around. Heritage has the most overall talent,but those 2 teams bring their a game they can beat the Cougars. Mitchell should have a solid season.u

#53 cougars'12

cougars'12

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

I've heard it would be a hassle for these two teams to play twice a year, the best rivals in football typically play once a year

#54 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

That would be the only draw back for 2 games in my opinion. The game would lose a little luster. With that said I wouldn't see a problem with a school offering $5000.00 from the gate if it were to be possible.

#55 redy4friday

redy4friday

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:00 PM

Heard he turned down $5000.00 from Heritage as the host team. Not saying it's gospel but for week 3 both teams had a open date and Robinson offered from my source. Instead Heritage has to go to Salisbury. I do believe that Heritage would have rather played at home rather than at Salisbury.

I saw a thread that Hendo is looking for a week 3 game....That would be better than a Salisbury trip IMO.

#56 cougars'12

cougars'12

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:56 PM

I think we're already playing hendo this year Redy

#57 redy4friday

redy4friday

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

OK thanks... Didn't know that 12.

#58 Appvol

Appvol

Established Member

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:39 PM

A team cant pay another team to schedule them, im pretty sure its against the rules. And $5000? c'mon ya'll.

Cloudland got $10,000 to play Knox Catholic and Knox Catholic provided charter buses.

VFL

#59 redy4friday

redy4friday

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

I heard from a very good source today that there is nothing to these rumors about money offered to play Heritage so lay the false rumors to rest until you have some proof please.

#60 Call me Jimmy

Call me Jimmy

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

Joey did make a offer to Travis to play Mitchell week 3 in a recent coaches meeting but no $ was offered and Travis declined

#61 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,002 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

Heritage will play at Salisbury for week-3, I'm excited about this game. Huge game IMO, Salisbury will be very good again.

#62 cougars'12

cougars'12

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

Heritage will play at Salisbury for week-3, I'm excited about this game. Huge game IMO, Salisbury will be very good again.

How fast are they? It would be good for Heritage to see some piedmont speed before the playoffs

#63 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,002 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

Extremely fast.

#64 cougars'12

cougars'12

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

Extremely fast

Heritage lost a some good players to graduation mainly on the line, but we should still be solid up front and in the backfield, is salisbury returning a lot from last season?

#65 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,002 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

A decent amount but they've also had a huge addition in head coach Brian Hinson coming over from Catawba College.

#66 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:05 PM

That's a bit of a drive but I will say this will benefit Heritage but With Salisbury, I think will be good but I don't know how long it will take turn it around , Salisbury has the talent but Support isn't there but I would like to see how Salisbury face a more slow , Methodical , Big boy on line ,

Should be a interesting match ups

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#67 cougars'12

cougars'12

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:53 PM

That's a bit of a drive but I will say this will benefit Heritage but With Salisbury, I think will be good but I don't know how long it will take turn it around , Salisbury has the talent but Support isn't there but I would like to see how Salisbury face a more slow , Methodical , Big boy on line ,

Should be a interesting match ups

Yeah not sure why we scheduled two games so far away this year, I heard just a week ago before our schedule was filled out that both Franklin and Murphy were looking to play us, but I think it will help us for those trips down the Mountain in the post season

#68 cougars'12

cougars'12

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

Anyone know anything about Bessemer City this year? Posted a pretty good record and beat a very talented MIC team last season.

#69 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 808 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:46 AM

The mashburn kid from heritage ran a 11 sec 100 yard dash. Best time in wnc. I only know one guy from wnc with a better time butler from Asheville he ran a 1087, you don't see that kind of speed in the western highlands.

#70 cougars'12

cougars'12

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

Did maxpreps make a mistake, or is Brewer back at Avery? If so it's the first I've heard about it

#71 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:51 AM

McKinney and Self to WCU

http://www.citizen-t...y-wcu/97438008/

Never seen Self play in person but I did see him wrestle at individuals in Greensboro. Big young man with athletic feet and hands. I think it was Self who jumped in his coaches arms after the state 285 title win and almost break the coach down. Funny moment of the tourney. Hope he gets his chance to get a scholorship. I know you're proud Redy.

#72 redy4friday

redy4friday

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

Yes I am proud of him and he was the one who jumped in the arms of Coach Duncan.

#73 Bleed purple for life

Bleed purple for life

Established Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:50 AM

Never seen Self play in person but I did see him wrestle at individuals in Greensboro. Big young man with athletic feet and hands. I think it was Self who jumped in his coaches arms after the state 285 title win and almost break the coach down. Funny moment of the tourney. Hope he gets his chance to get a s scholly. I know your proud Redy.

Did you not make it to wake forest in 2015? he has started for 3 years and started the end of his freshman year.

#74 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:48 PM

Watched the game on Time Warner I think.

I'm on my fourth of four kids at App State. Good luck to both kids but not so much to rival Western Carolina. App State is in the big leagues now. First team to go to a bowl in the first year of eligibility. Goooooo Mountaineers.

#75 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:51 AM

Did maxpreps make a mistake, or is Brewer back at Avery? If so it's the first I've heard about it

I have not heard this, but im interested to find out. That could bring some life back to Newland.

JeffChapman-Dynamic