Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

WHC 2017

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#26 Bleed purple for life

Bleed purple for life

Established Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

Seen on ACT that Burleson and Woody of Heritage committed to Mars Hill congrats to those kids.

#27 redy4friday

redy4friday

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:05 PM

Mckinney and Self have been contacted by WCU and looks like they will both sign to go play there. Nothing official yet though.

#28 Bleed purple for life

Bleed purple for life

Established Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

Glad to hear that for those kids as well

#29 Bleed purple for life

Bleed purple for life

Established Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:11 AM

McKinney and Self to WCU 

http://www.citizen-t...y-wcu/97438008/

#30 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

congrats to both these young men.

#31 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:02 PM

Congrats to all who will further their education and be able to play football. Redy congrats to your son. Enjoyed seeing him play the past 4 years in Purple and Maroon before that.

#32 redy4friday

redy4friday

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:57 PM

Thanks bowhunter

#33 Mountaineer4Life

Mountaineer4Life

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:25 PM

Has anyone from the WHC signed to play college ball yet? had any offers?

Alex Mckinney is going to play at Western is what they said at the basketball game the other night against Avery it was senior night and they announced that he was going to play at Western and I've been hearing that Todd Self is as well

#34 Mountaineer4Life

Mountaineer4Life

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:31 PM

I didn't read the rest of the thread before I posted that lol my bad on that part

#35 Mountaineer4Life

Mountaineer4Life

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:35 PM

My early prediction is 

1.Heritage or Mitchell with one or the other losing only one conference game both are reloading in all honesty Mitchell loses 3 seniors that made a difference this season including Mckinney,Self,and Yelton,but thats really all they are losing.

2.Owen or the loser of the Mitchell and heritage game with Sydney returning it will boost them some not really sure how much they can rely on him with not much talent around him though.

3.Polk-Rumors of them being a 1A school this year,but conference wise they have to go through heritage and Mitchell I just don't see it,but I can see them playing Owen close 

4.Madison-returning some talent,but I don't see them doing anything significant they will win the games that they should win

5.Avery sorry,but i just don't see anything really getting much better football wise good luck in basketball though

#36 cougars'12

cougars'12

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

Haven't saw Heritages full schedule yet but apparently the Heritage-Mitchell game will be played as the first conference game this year at Heritage

#37 Appvol

Appvol

Established Member

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

If you guys are praying people say a prayer for the Avery community.A young man in the community passed away. His dad is a teacher and has coached sports. Really good people. Here is a story about the young man and what he was going through.

http://www.averyjour...189c3b77c3.html
VFL

#38 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

Prayers out to the family

#39 CoachMTurner

CoachMTurner

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

Coach Ollis is back at polk as the head coach.

#40 cougars'12

cougars'12

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

Coach Ollis is back at polk as the head coach.

Conference will be a lot more interesting this year than expected could be a 4 team race

#41 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:10 AM

Conference will be a lot more interesting this year than expected could be a 4 team race

Yep. Ollis returning AND Polk dropping to 1a? fun stuff. Anyone got any word on whats happening in Marshall? How is Coach Rhodarmer's outlook for the upcoming season? Its about time for some Madison County craziness to come out...

#42 cougars'12

cougars'12

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

Yep. Ollis returning AND Polk dropping to 1a? fun stuff. Anyone got any word on whats happening in Marshall? How is Coach Rhodarmer's outlook for the upcoming season? Its about time for some Madison County craziness to come out...

No, what's the word?

#43 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:02 AM

Oh nothing that I've heard, just wondering. Something crazy usually happens in the pre season...

#44 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:21 PM

That schedule for Mitchell is pitiful. What in the world? I still think the conference is a 3 team race. Ollis will definitely make Polk better but I'm not sure they have enough talent. Gibbs and Owen will have to get through a grueling schedule healthy and with a little confidence and I believe they will. I totally see a 3 way tie in the conference.

OWEN'S non Conference is Enka, ACR, Franklin, Hendo and Brevard.

#45 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

I heard that Mitchell was offered a big chunk of change to play a non conference tilt with Heritage to fill a date open for both teams and Mitchell refused and would rather play a cup cake. I just don't get if you want everyone to drink the kool-aid why you wouldn't step up your schedule rather than making a sorry one like you did. Sounds like Pittman is thinking Mitchell may be taking a step back.

#46 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:33 AM

That is bunk. Travise had a hard time finding teams to schedule, much less turning down an extra opportunity to play Heritage at home? C'mon.

#47 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:12 AM

Heard he turned down $5000.00 from Heritage as the host team. Not saying it's gospel but for week 3 both teams had a open date and Robinson offered from my source. Instead Heritage has to go to Salisbury. I do believe that Heritage would have rather played at home rather than at Salisbury.

#48 cougars'12

cougars'12

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

Does anyone know heritages full shedule yet?

#49 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 808 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:56 PM

That is bunk. Travise had a hard time finding teams to schedule, much less turning down an extra opportunity to play Heritage at home? C'mon.

Stampede is right, heard it from couple people.

#50 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:20 AM

A team cant pay another team to schedule them, im pretty sure its against the rules. And $5000? c'mon ya'll.

JeffChapman-Dynamic