Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Top Teams Next Season 1A/1AA

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#76 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:38 PM

And your comment is crazy btw. We didn't capitalize

#77 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:43 PM

I mean yes we needed speed at that position. I mean how can u disagree with that??

So are you saying WM wins if Horne is at QB ? WM won every game but 1 , so there wasnt a lot "needed" .

#78 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:46 PM

Did I say that?? No I didn't stop implying dude

#79 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:52 PM

Did I say that?? No I didn't stop implying dude

OK. WM wins EVERYGAME except last night and your words were " speed at QB which they so much needed this year". If you didnt mean that speed at QB would have made a difference in the ONLY game they lost , what did you mean ? 

#80 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:58 PM

Speed at QB would have made somewhat of a difference. Period. Dozier had a good year but with an additional threat running makes offense that much better. Coddling doesn't win Championships

#81 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

I take no credit away from Dozier he did a great job at West don't get me wrong. I'm just making a point speed at QB is a bonus especially in that offense.

#82 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:10 PM

Speed at QB would have made somewhat of a difference. Period. Dozier had a good year but with an additional threat running makes offense that much better. Coddling doesn't win Championships

I feel very comfortable that there was not a player on the WM roster last night that would have changed the outcome of the game , it sounded as if you were saying there was. In fact " Coddling doesn't win Championships" sounds like you are saying Eddins didnt give his team the best chance to win the game ( due to personnel choices), which is ludicrous.

#83 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:22 PM

There u go again..Lol. I like how u twist everything. Coach Eddins is a great coach with one thing in mind win so don't make me out to be some critical fan here. I just made one comment and u seem to want me to say things I'm not. I don't question what his priorities are and never will. But hey nice conversation I'm ready for next year hope u are

#84 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:34 PM

There u go again..Lol. I like how u twist everything. Coach Eddins is a great coach with one thing in mind win so don't make me out to be some critical fan here. I just made one comment and u seem to want me to say things I'm not. I don't question what his priorities are and never will. But hey nice conversation I'm ready for next year hope u are

Ok ,so Im sure not to twist anything , what did you mean by " Coddling doesn't win Championships" ?

#85 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:41 PM

We will see magnum.

#86 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:27 PM

Sweaterfee bottom line is I feel like in Eddins offense speed at QB makes the defense have to respect the running ability of the QB. Dozier has been great for WM but I was talking about next year compared to this year. Nothing against Dozier at all. Just want to clarify that. And as far as Coach he is a great guy and one hell of a coach! I hope he hangs around for many years to come!!

#87 Kapman21

Kapman21

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:03 PM

OK. WM wins EVERYGAME except last night and your words were " speed at QB which they so much needed this year". If you didnt mean that speed at QB would have made a difference in the ONLY game they lost , what did you mean ?

#88 Magnum

Magnum

JV Team

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:51 PM

Murphy returns 15 starters, including all their skill guys minus a WR. I expect them to be firmly in the conversation for best team in 1a or 1aa

Over under in how many good teams they play next season. They have the private school teams and crappy 4A team thing down pat. Maybe add a few 8 man teams. Heck, why not a few jv. Maybe Mitchell can be added since they play just as bad of competition every year.

#89 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:18 PM

Over under in how many good teams they play next season. They have the private school teams and crappy 4A team thing down pat. Maybe add a few 8 man teams. Heck, why not a few jv. Maybe Mitchell can be added since they play just as bad of competition every year.

Hey bud whatever works! If it continues to yield state titles and piss you off then I'm all for it. Did someone from Murphy steal your girlfriend or something? You need a prescription cream for that case of butt hurt that you have?

#90 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:32 PM

I'm just going to be honest, next year's Murphy team should be special if they stay relatively healthy. But if Justice Dorsey plays (seems unlikely right now) we're talking another level up, kid is an amazing talent (was going to get major minutes this year as a freshman before concussion happened).

Dorsey's dad Melvin signed with UGA out of Lakeside High in Atlanta and ended up a multi year starter at RB for Western Carolina (back in their early '80s glory years under Bob Waters). His uncle Jesse Dorsey also signed with UGA and ended up a multi year starter at RB for Tennessee Tech, a cousin Glen Dorsey also played at Western, so excellent bloodlines.

#91 murphy1981

murphy1981

JV Team

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:39 AM

I'm just going to be honest, next year's Murphy team should be special if they stay relatively healthy. But if Justice Dorsey plays (seems unlikely right now) we're talking another level up, kid is an amazing talent (was going to get major minutes this year as a freshman before concussion happened).

Dorsey's dad Melvin signed with UGA out of Lakeside High in Atlanta and ended up a multi year starter RB for Western Carolina (back in their early '80s glory years under Bob Waters). His uncle Jesse Dorsey also signed with UGA and ended up a multi year starter at RB for Tennessee Tech, a cousin Glen Dorsey also played at Western, so excellent bloodlines.

If #42 comes back he will also be a big factor.

#92 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:14 PM

What's with some of these boys not wanting to play? Especially with Murphy just winning a state title and with as good as they are projected to be next year? You would think these boys would be chomping at the bit.

#93 gangsta8

gangsta8

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:45 PM

I coach at Plymouth and Murphy will be returning all but 2 starters based on my scouting report I used for the state title game.  Yes if they stay healthy they going to be real special in all of 1A and 1AA.  I'm not sure why kids wouldn't want to play especially if their team and school just won a state title.  Kids these days don't have enough pride and tenacity anymore.  Parents have a lot to do with this in all sports

#94 dogtuff

dogtuff

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:49 PM

I just feel like you awarding all these state champions in such a small state. I understand why Texas cali. And Florida have so many state champions. But nc come on 8 state champions for what just to say you won. We need 4 champions!!!! 1a needs to be 450 and below. 2a needs to be 451- 1100 yes that's a huge gap but whose complaining. 3a needs to be 1101 - 1700. 4a needs to 1701- 2300.and then anything over that they have their own class kinda like what South Carolina had for years. It was called big 16 we could adopt it and call it big 32 biggest 32 schools in nc playbfor that but 8 state champions in nc is ridiculous

I like 6 state champions.

#95 ObserveAndReport

ObserveAndReport

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:24 PM

I like 6 state champions.

I do, too.  I like the idea of three classes for drawing up conferences, with subdivided playoffs in most sports.

#96 kms51

kms51

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:18 PM

Curious to see how North Rowan and Holmes does. They both return their best running back.

#97 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:10 AM

North Rowan will be the top team in the YVC..... West Montgomery will be lucky to compete with them. West will struggle to even field a competitive team...........Just ask all the experts....

#98 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:25 PM

North Rowan will be the top team in the YVC..... West Montgomery will be lucky to compete with them. West will struggle to even field a competitive team...........Just ask all the experts....

Ahhh sarcasm lol doesn't west return a fair amount?

#99 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

Yes. And Damon Rhone is just a sophomore. Next two years on paper are supposed to be the best for West Montgomery. Heck, this board even had West picked third in the conference I believe in preseason predictions!!!! I'm guessing they'll be picked fourth in conference and 15th in the state for 2017!!

#100 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:02 PM

But it's where we finish. They don't know the kids in the locker room. I expect same ole WM back in the mix come December 2017

JeffChapman-Dynamic