Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Top Teams Next Season 1A/1AA

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#51 KW23

KW23

Established Member

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:56 PM

Slash what do u expect from Alleghany next season

#52 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:05 AM

Cherokee earn it this yr. Congrats. Facts are. R Villegas was missing 2 starting offensive linemen, one defensive lineman, one starting WR, one starting DB. One of our best RBs and we lost our starting QB early second Quarter. Yet we was in the red zone trying to tie game when our 3rd string QB muffled the 4th and 1 snap. Robbinsville 28-14 at the Rex 2017.

#53 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:34 AM

According to a little research North Rowan graduates a ton of starters. They have a Sophomore RB that led the team in rushing, one DL and one WR that saw significant playing time according to the stats on Maxpreps. I'll take the Warriors as hands down favorites to win the YVC again and make a deep run in the playoffs. Remember Lion, you picked West Montgomery third heading into this season if I'm not mistaken!!!!

#54 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:02 AM

According to a little research North Rowan graduates a ton of starters. They have a Sophomore RB that led the team in rushing, one DL and one WR that saw significant playing time according to the stats on Maxpreps. I'll take the Warriors as hands down favorites to win the YVC again and make a deep run in the playoffs. Remember Lion, you picked West Montgomery third heading into this season if I'm not mistaken!!!!

Alot of ppl picked wm to finish 2nd or 3rd. They have surprised me by reloading, but that's what a program does.

#55 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:30 AM

Next year will be pretty good as long as the players stay as focused as this year's team. No reason West Montgomery shouldn't go into the season ranked #1 overall in the state 1A rankings. JK and WRH both are exiting 1A. The sophomores and freshmen that are seeing significant playing time this season are going to get another summer in the weight room and going from 13/14 year old freshmen to 14/15 year old sophomores will be huge for the FR. linemen that are playing well beyond their age. Damon Rhone is a beast. Plus Horne at QB will be a new look from the last 3 years. Dozier is a beast and he showed it last Friday. Horne is a hell of a QB as well and has been groomed by one of the best at West. One more game to play and we can start this conversation for real.

#56 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:15 AM

Holmes moving down to 1a and Murphy could be #1 and 2.

#57 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:19 AM

Some of us Mitchell fans need to chat wrestling on cP.

#58 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:59 AM

Would love to have seen a WM/Murphy matchup. Holmes is a solid program. I believe they are very, very senior heavy.

#59 WMFootballFanatic

WMFootballFanatic

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:15 AM

Counting Dozier, the last 3 Warrior teams with senior QB's did pretty well. Capel's Warriors were 2 points short of the finals, Drake led the team to the finals and Dozier has done the same. I believe Horne will be ready. He is one heck of an athlete. He will also be a senior. :)

#60 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:31 PM

West Montgomery will be ranked #1 going into next season. They will be even better offensively and defensively they will sustain. Next man up mentality now at WM. On the right track

#61 purplemountaineer

purplemountaineer

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:16 PM

Would love to have seen a WM/Murphy matchup. Holmes is a solid program. I believe they are very, very senior heavy.

No, not really. Edenton will graduate 15 seniors, roughly a 3rd of their team. The Aces will return most of their talent, other than a few skill position guys and their QB.

Edenton will be a force in 1AA for the foreseeable future with Paul Hoggard and Wes Materra running the show.

#62 Lionheart1986

Lionheart1986

• Members
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:54 PM

No didn't I picked your warriors 1st then EM.

#63 Lionheart1986

Lionheart1986

• Members
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:57 PM

Counting Dozier, the last 3 Warrior teams with senior QB's did pretty well. Capel's Warriors were 2 points short of the finals, Drake led the team to the finals and Dozier has done the same. I believe Horne will be ready. He is one heck of an athlete. He will also be a senior. :)

He is going to be a very special player at qb for WM.

#64 coachwynn

coachwynn

JV Team

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:58 PM

Magnum, how would you make sure teams like Murphy and Mitchell are never 1a.?  What do you base it on?  Just saying they should not be there is not a plan it is an opinion. 

Yea that MICS team was really bad with their multiple D1 prospects. Jeez, 

I will bet Murphy and Mitchell will be around longer than you and your vast knowledge. While Mitchell does not have the history that the SMC does this is the 3rd time since 2010 they have been in the western finals. With another 3 round game mixed in. Not bad I would assume lots of Western 1a schools would like to have a run like that. Granted there were a couple of 1 win seasons as well.

LMAO  ROTFL

#65 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:12 AM

Coach Wynn, I think you took what I was saying the wrong way. I was saying that you all were really good.
Basically trying to say Magnum didn't know what he was saying.
Apologies if it came across wrong.

#66 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:19 AM

Advantaged

#67 radioguy16

radioguy16

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:39 AM

East Wilkes Much like Slashman said returns a lot of players from this past years squad and the JV had another Great year.

Wilkes Central loses Justin Parsons on offense and Dedric Smith on defense but they return the offensive line that was mostly sophomores and Juniors along with their QB in Camdon Wyatt who was a Sophomore this year as a starter.

North Wilkes returns leading rusher Jarrett Grimes along with his entire offensive line and his Sophomore QB from last year so in my eyes NW will surprise some people again in 2017.

West Wilkes loses a ton of kids from this years squad across the board, Ortiz will be their 1 man in 2017 as the varsity team will be SUPER young on offense and Defense.      

#68 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

JV Team

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:13 AM

I heard WRH will fall off a little next year . a lot of talent must be graduating.

NORTHWOOD CHARGERS FOOTBALL

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

1981 , 1984 , 2005 , 2007 , 2008 , 2010     

BASKETBALL  STATE  RUNNER-UP

2000 , 2009 , 2011

WALLACE-ROSE HILL BULLDOGS

STATE CHAMPIONS

BASKETBALL  1998 , 2006

FOOTBALL  1994 , 2009 , 2010 , 2014 , 2015 , 2016

#69 Magnum

Magnum

JV Team

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:00 PM

Why folks so big on cherokee? Fact is we took Cherokee to the wire and we lost many starter early in the season. We was playing with a third string very young QB vs Cherokee. No way Cherokee would have beat the team Rville had on the field in week one. We lost to SM by one and Cherokee lost by a huge amount. Rville will go to the Rez next year and beat Cherokee by a few TDs. Let it be written!!

I watched Robbinsville play Christ School. They were horrible. Cherokee will kill them.

#70 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:07 PM

WM will be there. Young o line, speed at QB which they so much needed this year and #7 in backfield.

#71 g-dog08

g-dog08

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:38 PM

Tarboro will run away with 1aa next year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]WRH 2009 class 1a state champs(football)
1994 class 2a state champs (football)
2006 class 1a state champs (basketball)
1998 class 2a state champs (basketball)

2009 class 1a state champs (football)
2010 class 1a state champs( football)

2013 class  1a state champs (soccer)

2014 class  1a state champs (soccer)

2014 class 1aa state champs (football)

2015 class 1aa state champs (football)

2016 class 1a state champs (soccer)

2016 class 1aa state champs (football)

#72 Go Dogs!

Go Dogs!

JV Team

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:55 AM

G-DOG08, I agree. The west better improve a lot if they expect to beat Tarboro or Edenton Holmes. Tarboro or East Carteret would have beaten West Montgomery easily this year in my opinion.

#73 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

WM will be there. Young o line, speed at QB which they so much needed this year and #7 in backfield.

Is this a shot at Dozier? "speed at QB which they so much needed this year" WM ( or any 1-AA team out of the west) wasnt beating WRH even if Michael Vick was playing QB. WM was very fortunate to have a player of Dozier's physical and mental abilities . 

#74 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:30 PM

Read between the lines sweaterfree

#75 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:37 PM

I mean yes we needed speed at that position. I mean how can u disagree with that??

JeffChapman-Dynamic