Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Top Teams Next Season 1A/1AA

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#26 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:36 AM

You make no sense. If teams like Cherokee and MICS shouldn't be in the 3rd round, and Mitchell and Murphy should never be in small 1a, who should play in the lower class?

#27 Magnum

Magnum

JV Team

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:53 AM

Magnum, how would you make sure teams like Murphy and Mitchell are never 1a.? What do you base it on? Just saying they should not be there is not a plan it is an opinion.

Yea that MICS team was really bad with their multiple D1 prospects. Jeez,

I will bet Murphy and Mitchell will be around longer than you and your vast knowledge. While Mitchell does not have the history that the SMC does this is the 3rd time since 2010 they have been in the western finals. With another 3 round game mixed in. Not bad I would assume lots of Western 1a schools would like to have a run like that. Granted there were a couple of 1 win seasons as well.

Mitchell had never done anything to be mentioned with the great programs of nc. They have had a cakewalk in the playoffs two years in a row with the exception of wrh. They will be gone soon.

#28 Gonzo

Gonzo

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:56 AM

I just feel like you awarding all these state champions in such a small state. I understand why Texas cali. And Florida have so many state champions. But nc come on 8 state champions for what just to say you won. We need 4 champions!!!! 1a needs to be 450 and below. 2a needs to be 451- 1100 yes that's a huge gap but whose complaining. 3a needs to be 1101 - 1700. 4a needs to 1701- 2300.and then anything over that they have their own class kinda like what South Carolina had for years. It was called big 16 we could adopt it and call it big 32 biggest 32 schools in nc playbfor that but 8 state champions in nc is ridiculous

#29 ELMustangs

ELMustangs

JV Team

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:01 AM

I think there are two teams dropping down from 2A that will shake things up. In the west N. Rowan should be a very tough out in 1AA. On the east side Edenton Holmes is dropping to 1A if I'm not mistaken and they are playing in the Eastern 2A title game tonight.

#30 Gonzo

Gonzo

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:03 AM

That's just two teams I'm talking about more parody. Could you imagine a wrh vs Shelby matchup i k ow you pick Shelby this year but aren't we picking wrh no matter what have them square off in 2a one class not a big and a small just one.....

#31 ELMustangs

ELMustangs

JV Team

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:06 AM

Oh I hear ya Gonzo but I was replying the original question.

#32 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:15 AM

Don't disagree that Mitchell should not be mentioned with the states great programs.

Big difference in a run and sustained success. Mitchell has had a good run, hopefully it will continue.

See Gonzo has a plan.

My plan would never fly but I too have a plan. First in order to qualify for the playoffs you would need at least 5 wins. Then take the qualifying teams and subdivide into say 6 classifications. This should be done yearly not on a 4-5 year cycle. 8 champs is too many. While this would make it harder on the smallest schools it would provide better champs. Oh well.

At this point we will continue with the system we have.

With that

GO Mountaineers

#33 Speedster92

Speedster92

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:18 AM

I would make sure teams like Murphy and Mitchell are never in small 1A. Murphy coach is on the state panel and makes sure they stay below that line so it well be easy every year. Mitchell will be gone in a few years but Murphy will continue to take advantage of not counting students and avoiding 1AA. Your have to admit is bad when teams like Cherokee and mics make the 3rd rd

#34 Speedster92

Speedster92

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 102 posts

Your a troll an a idiot

#35 Speedster92

Speedster92

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 102 posts

Magnum, how would you make sure teams like Murphy and Mitchell are never 1a.? What do you base it on? Just saying they should not be there is not a plan it is an opinion.

Yea that MICS team was really bad with their multiple D1 prospects. Jeez,

I will bet Murphy and Mitchell will be around longer than you and your vast knowledge. While Mitchell does not have the history that the SMC does this is the 3rd time since 2010 they have been in the western finals. With another 3 round game mixed in. Not bad I would assume lots of Western 1a schools would like to have a run like that. Granted there were a couple of 1 win seasons as well.

#36 Speedster92

Speedster92

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:19 AM

Magnum is a troll an a idiot. That why

#37 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:56 AM

Magnum is the cab driver. Please tell me y'all can see through his BS. Same type of pattern ol' possum coat uses. He cleaned up his "lingo" but it's him. Just ignore him and he will go away.

#38 ODB

ODB

JV Team

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:27 PM

nm

#39 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:34 PM

parody is a comedy routine like magnum and rich blackman right? that's what this threads is right?

#40 redy4friday

redy4friday

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:48 PM

This site is more about comedy instead of football with clowns like this on here.

#41 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:11 PM

Why folks so big on cherokee? Fact is we took Cherokee to the wire and we lost many starter early in the season. We was playing with a third string very young QB vs Cherokee. No way Cherokee would have beat the team Rville had on the field in week one. We lost to SM by one and Cherokee lost by a huge amount. Rville will go to the Rez next year and beat Cherokee by a few TDs. Let it be written!!

#42 GoodKNIGHT

GoodKNIGHT

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:13 AM

Murphy will be better next year. Scary.... probably the best in 1A or 1AA.

#43 Brian Casteen

Brian Casteen

Hall of Fame Member

• Correspondent
  • 10,432 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:06 AM

Tarboro will win 1AA next season since they won't have a Duplin County team standing in their way!

Edited by Brian Casteen, 10 December 2016 - 09:06 AM.

#44 gangsta8

gangsta8

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:40 AM

Brian,

I hear you but I guarantee you the Edenton Aces will have something to say about that.  

#45 Brian Casteen

Brian Casteen

Hall of Fame Member

• Correspondent
  • 10,432 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:40 PM

I forgot Edenton was dropping to 1A

#46 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:08 PM

West Montgomery will be back in the mix. Next man up

#47 Bravenation

Bravenation

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:25 PM

Why folks so big on cherokee? Fact is we took Cherokee to the wire and we lost many starter early in the season. We was playing with a third string very young QB vs Cherokee. No way Cherokee would have beat the team Rville had on the field in week one. We lost to SM by one and Cherokee lost by a huge amount. Rville will go to the Rez next year and beat Cherokee by a few TDs. Let it be written!!

Knights lets get the facts straight ... Your starting qb played we knocked him out of the game in the second qtr. your back up plsyed the rest of the game except one snap. Please get your facts straight like us running it down your throat in the 4th qtr. gonna be hard to back that up with the whole cherokee team coming back a year stronger.

#48 roadglide32

roadglide32

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:38 PM

People are high on Cherokee I assume because they made it to the 3rd round and are returning nearly everybody.Give them some credit,they may fall flat on their face but the potential is there.Knights,you have a lot of reasons why Rville lost,but they did lose.Don't be mad because unlike most years Cherokee was still playing football when ya'll were in the gym.

#49 Lionheart1986

Lionheart1986

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:40 AM

West Montgomery loses QB, RB, top WR, a couple of DL/OL, couple of LBs but...... West's backup QB is pretty damn good. Rhone is just a Sophomore at RB and there are more sophomores and freshmen who play this season than ever before in the history of Warrior football. The bench is deep and after a summer of the weight room and guidance of the coaching staff the next few years at West Montgomery look promising. As far as the 2019 combining goes....well, there hasn't been any dirt moved yet and it's far from a "done deal." It may very well happen but it won't happen until the fall of 2020 at best. So this year's 7th grade class would be Seniors the first football season. That's a while away. Next season has the potential to be special. Could y'all imagine a 1AA final four in the West of Mitchell, Murphy, Mt. Airy/E. Surry, West Montgomery??? Wow.....

Pretty sure North Rowan gonna have say something to say who in that final four. #2 is going to be very special player that will be able to make the offense more explosive imo. Warriors will be the team to beat in the west next year.

#50 Slashman

Slashman

Established Member

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:26 PM

For my area 1A Schools:

East Wilkes is going to be much improved. They lost a lot of kids this year from the '15 team and were very young this year and took their lumps but return the experienced kids off this year's team and bring up some quality JV kids who haven't lost a game since the 2014 finale. Last year's JV team was better than this years but this year's was more battle tested. Their non conference schedule will be much harder as well. Heard a rumor that they will open vs. East Surry next year; that'll be a good test for them off the bat. Don't know how good their middle school team was this year but as long as Adkins is there EW will contend.

East Surry's going to be improved more than likely. They will have more experience and will bring up some solid JV kids off a JV program they won 40 some games in a row before loosing to MA in the last game. They won't be as big as in the past or when I played but they are very fundamentally sound. They gotta improve on defense and find a passing game to make a solid run the next few years. As long as Coach Diamont's there they won't be anything less than fundamentally solid.

Mount Airy loses some very good starters but return some good ones as well. The QB, one of the RB's and their top D-lineman are gone among a few others, but the upcoming senior class is very deep in #'s. Holder's son is a very good athlete and they will have the Green kid and Smith kid back. They should be pretty good next year as well but 2018 or 19 could be a middle of the road year due to low #'s. They didn't have very many JV kids this year.

East and MA's conference is going to get easier for both of them as Walkertown and Atkins are gone to 2A; the state only gave them South Stokes in return. South will be much improved in 1A ball as they will be back at their natural ADM level after their #'s dropped off but they won't be solid off the bat; it'll take them some time. South loses a really solid RB and other seniors but they have another solid runner and a pretty decent QB to run the wing. They have had 2 tough JV teams the last couple of years so I expect them to do fine in the Northwest before 2020. Their JV team this year had a killer defense and only gave up 153 points and beat Carver; that'll be a boost for them next year. Their lack of a consistent defense was an important detriment to what killed them this year particularly in WPAC play but with these JV kids coming up they will compete for 3rd and be a troublesome team every year for MA and East.  Hall's doing a good job there and they'll feast on the benefits eventually.

Starmount's iffy to predict due to their JV classes the last few years. They went 6-4 on JV this year but only won 2 last year. Their freshman classes have been all over the place the last few years. Time will tell if Starmount's in a dry spot like they were 10 years ago before that run or if the program's drying up like what's happening with Elkin. Elkin had one of if not the worst year ever for their program as they went winless on varsity 10 years out from their last title. Very odd to see indeed.

Winston Salem Prep's going to be an interesting team as well. They started out rough this year but got going in conference play and were within 9 or so of splitting the conference with Mount Airy if they beat East and Walkertown. They made up for it by downing Robbinsville in the first round. They gotta get the program in gear but with Walkertown out it could help WSP make the step up for 3rd. More than likely it will be them and South Stokes competing for 3rd every year in the Northwest.

JeffChapman-Dynamic