Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Who's Top 5 in 1A

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:04 PM

Let's here the contenders as of today. Mitchell is always in the top five. Rosman, Robbinsville? I'm seeing Mt. Airy is making noise this year.

Down east Rosewood, Chatham, and Voyager are great programs. Highly impressed by the talent South Davidson has had the last four years.

Who you got in the top in the west and east?

#2 Jgmetzinger

Jgmetzinger

Rookie

• Coach
  • 1 posts
  • Email:jgmetzinger@gmail.com

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:49 PM

All roads in the 1A East go through Rosewood. Perennial power house.

#3 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:08 PM

Robbinsville should be good. Rosman will take a step back.

#4 cowboys87

cowboys87

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:41 AM

South Stanly will have a good team this season.  Returning all of the wrestlers from last season including a state champion and a few other state finalists.

#5 Bonecollector

Bonecollector

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:36 PM

Mitchell lost a lot from last season and have struggled early on with the absence of several starters who were on the football team.  Once they are back and in form they should be decent, but not as good as the past few years.

#6 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:19 PM

Mitchell lost a lot from last season and have struggled early on with the absence of several starters who were on the football team.  Once they are back and in form they should be decent, but not as good as the past few years.

I agree. IA and 2A schools playing into the playoffs and state championships will look very different on,paper for most of the year. Two kids make a huge impact on rotations and scores. I've only seen Mitchell at two tournements over the years but every year at the individual championships in Greensboro. Mitchell kids go deep into the brackets. I'm curious about Avery County. Once they were a dominate fixture even when the 1A/2A classifations were combined.

#7 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:26 AM

Rosman at Robbinsville Tuesday. Should answer a lot of questions.

#8 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:35 AM

Robbinsville vs swain jan 10th. Should be for the SMC.

#9 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:35 PM

Rosman at Robbinsville Tuesday. Should answer a lot of questions.

I think it did. Robbinsville looks to be a western top tier team. I would like to see some news on Mt. Airy and Elkin as well. It seems they have advanced this year beyound previous years.

#10 Bonecollector

Bonecollector

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:50 PM

How did the Robbinsville and Rosman match end up? Mitchell had Rosman last week and won big, so I don't know how much of a measuring stick they were. They seem to have lost a lot from last year.

#11 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:11 PM

How did the Robbinsville and Rosman match end up? Mitchell had Rosman last week and won big, so I don't know how much of a measuring stick they were. They seem to have lost a lot from last year.

Robbinsville 39- Rosman 24. Rosman forfeits at 113, 152, and 285. Neither put a kid out at 106. Rosman has some holes to fill but seem pretty good at the filled weights. One point deduction for unsportsmanlike conduct on Robbinsville.

#12 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:21 PM

NEO Classic Results:

1. Erwin
2. Robbinsville
3. AC Reynolds
4. Smokey Mtn.
5. Tuscola
6. Swain
7. Madison
8. Owen
9. Mitchell
10. Mt. Heritage
11. Hayesville
12. Christ School

Very surprised at the results for a Owens. Typically strong until the past couple years. No team had all the weights covered. Very little weights covered after the sixth place team.

#13 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:10 PM

All roads in the 1A East go through Rosewood. Perennial power house.

Rosewood is having a big year. Rosewood won the USAF-Rosewood Tourney with 4A powers Jack Britt and Holly Springs in attendance. Don't know given the results I've seen anyone who may challenge them this year in the east 1A.

#14 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:44 PM

Robbinsville defeated Swain only losing 3 matches and forfeit one.

#15 redy4friday

redy4friday

• Members
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:16 AM

Rosewood has to be the favorite to win state.

#16 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:29 AM

Rose and Mitchell 1 and 2. Robbinsville close third. Our numbers hurt us in wrestling. Always has.

#17 Bonecollector

Bonecollector

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:58 PM

Tomorrow night should settle the WHC championship with a tri-meet with Mitchell, Avery and Madison. Avery is talking a little trash (all in good fun) and this one should be a dandy.

#18 redy4friday

redy4friday

• Members
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:26 AM

I am looking forward to tonight Bone collector it should be a good one.

#19 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:56 AM

Mitchell beat 2A Chase High this week. I consider that a BIG win. Chase most likely is the team to beat in the 2A west duals. Chase had three forfeits and also bumped stud Sammy Peticos up to 145lbs. That bump seems odd considering he has qualified and wrestled 132 (134 with after xmas allowance). I'm looking forward to seeing heavyweight Self for Mitchell at individuals in Greensboro. Never been a fan of that weight but heard he moves more like a 195 guy.

#20 redy4friday

redy4friday

• Members
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:14 PM

I am looking forward to seeing him there too.GDG

#21 Bonecollector

Bonecollector

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

His match was the last one against Chase and he deliverd a big pin to give Mitchell the win. They were down 11 with two matches left. They have improved a lot since November.

JeffChapman-Dynamic