Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

North Henderson QB Kalin Ensley transferring to Hendersonville

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#26 cougars'12

cougars'12

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:51 PM

Rocketman lives closer than you think.

Yeah a lot closer than that lol

#27 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

I wasn't talking to you smh.

#28 Bootlegger

Bootlegger

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:53 PM

Will this kid start at the qb as a junior? I might be mistaken but hendos qb will be a senior next year correct?

I read somewhere that Williford was actually a converted LB or RB coming into this season, IIRC. Ensley is definitely more of a dual threat.  I also think he is a better passer, just by the eye test. He still has to learn the system however.

#29 Magnum

Magnum

JV Team

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:58 PM

Sounds like Hendersonville is recruiting heavily. That's one way to become a good team I guess

#30 Magnum

Magnum

JV Team

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:00 PM

Lol sure they wont smh

Mark my word kid, they will never win a title. This ain't the 70's. You don't even go to games so why do you care

#31 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:23 PM

Well i see magnum is making a splash in his first day. Hendo played deeper than anyone else from WNC, above 1a of course. They are always athletic and talented and complete well. Tell me magnum, what team do you pull for?

#32 Magnum

Magnum

JV Team

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:27 PM

Well i see magnum is making a splash in his first day. Hendo played deeper than anyone else from WNC, above 1a of course. They are always athletic and talented and complete well. Tell me magnum, what team do you pull for?

Read this board all year. I will admit at least Hendersonville played at least one good team in the playoffs. Mitchell on the other hand has had a true powder puff schedule. Besides, I will be a real asset to this board because I have a vast knowledge of football.

#33 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:57 PM

Yep. Mitchell played no one. Only scheduled 2 teams that were smaller, beat a team from every classification. They stink. But hey, stinky might get us some rings and nice banner to hang up.

#34 redy4friday

redy4friday

• Members
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:59 PM

Read this board all year. I will admit at least Hendersonville played at least one good team in the playoffs. Mitchell on the other hand has had a true powder puff schedule. Besides, I will be a real asset to this board because I have a vast knowledge of football.

Your vast football knowledge may be great but your comprehension skills are lacking. I will ask the same question as Mountie since you didn't answer the first time. Which team do you pull for?

#35 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:49 PM

Definitely cant take this guy serious. You know nothing about HHS or me so mind your business. Just trolling behind a computer screen. How do you recruit? Please explain?

#36 truf b nown

truf b nown

JV Team

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:45 AM

The kid wanted to come last year but was allowed to play a varsity play at North which kills your transfer chances unless you make a BONAFIDE MOVE into that district which he did Friday. We allowed several kids to go to other County schools without being salty I think 4 went to North student took a pic of his former teacher during class wearing a shirt that read "Friends don't let friends transfer to HHS". How's that for loyalty. Not happening at THUGGED OUT HHS

#37 truf b nown

truf b nown

JV Team

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:56 AM

Rocketman "Wrong, you can send your kid to any school in the county , you have to provide transportations. Look at your team, you have east players on it, i have no problem with that , you should be able to go were you want to. Not all schools go by that stupid state rule. Look at Asheville you transfer you play, the other buncombe county schools go by the state rules Asheville doesn't. Bud you need to check into the rules". We do it the right way truth be told we turn down so many kids because we abide by the rules.

#38 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:50 AM

That's not true. I know of at least 2 that transfered without moving into that district.

#39 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:22 AM

That's not true. I know of at least 2 that transfered without moving into that district.

What part of you can go to any school as long as you are accepted there by the administration, dont you understand? However, you can not play sports at one school and then transfer to another school within the county and play, without making a physical move. It is not that hard. Now name any kid you want to name that played at a different school and transferred in without moving and was allowed to play. I'll wait!!!!

#40 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:16 PM

I am talking about football players! What don't you understand! I will not name them out of respect for the parents of whom I am friends.

#41 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:18 PM

You can go to any school statewide you want. I know that. We are on a football forum so it makes sense that I would be talking about football players wouldn't it?

#42 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:22 PM

Oh and it's called a bonifide(sp)move which means you can't leave your belongings in say a house in North Henderson district, rent an apartment in Hendersonville district and move back to the house in North district. So moving a physical address isn't all there is to it. If you wanna get in a pis sing contest bring it on. I don't have a problem with Hendersonville but because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean you can scream at someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get it?

#43 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,143 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

You can go to any school statewide you want. I know that. We are on a football forum so it makes sense that I would be talking about football players wouldn't it?

Are you saying that regardless where a student lives they can go to any public school in the state?

#44 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:04 PM

If they can get approval, they can go to any public school. Yes

#45 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,143 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:36 PM

If they can get approval, they can go to any public school. Yes

Ok. Was looking for a little more definitive info. "Approval" which comes from the admin. Sometimes it is a set guideline and others a case by case basis.

Some school districts allow students to "transfer" (no change of residency) if the student meets certain standards for a school's demographics or the new school is under capacity. Not all school systems require the 365 sit out while some do.

#46 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,143 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:39 PM

It appears in this case the family purchased a primary residence in the Hendersonville school district. This would make him eligible at the school district he now lives in if the family dies make a bonafide change of residency.

#47 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:42 PM

Exactly. My argument wasn't for this kid. Actually I was just pointing out when a poster said things were done the right way at Hendo that I know of some instances when that was just simply not true. That's all.

#48 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:46 PM

And I know not all districts abide by the 365 day rule but I believe they should. My opinion and everyone has one but if the state is gonna make a rule and these school districts have to play one another in the playoffs, it would be only fair that they play by the same rules. One thing that the state needs to do though is enforce the rule better.

#49 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:49 PM

Idk the true story but a question for you. Is Lincolnton in a system that allows transfers without 365 day sit? If so did the Surrat kid actually have a bonafide move from East to Lincolnton or did they just look the other way? If the latter then with that high profile a transfer, where was the state?

#50 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,143 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:03 PM

I am 100% for the 365 sitout if their is not a bonafide change of address.

Lincoln County is one system. When I heard about the Surratt change of schools I was very curious about the residency. If he were allowed to "transfer" and not sitout 365 it is disappointing in many ways!

JeffChapman-Dynamic