• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Bootlegger

Bootlegger

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:15 PM

He still has 2 years of eligibility and was already one of the best in WNC. Big news! The rich get richer.

http://www.blueridge...ransfers-to-hhs

#2 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:03 PM

No sit out?

P.R. Graham

SMC

The standard in 1A since 1969

26 state titles in 35 apperances

22 consecutive finals appearances

SMC 1A/2A 32 state titles

#3 coachE42

coachE42

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:08 PM

As long as it's a bonafide and legitimate move with complete change of residence, which this certainly looks to be, he should be good to go.

#4 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:09 PM

No sit out?

Henderson county does not go by state rules, open enrollment

#5 Steelers71

Steelers71

Established Member

• Coach
  • 622 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:19 PM

Just has to move into district.

#6 WestHendersonFalcons

WestHendersonFalcons

Established Member

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:33 PM

No sit out?

Nope. He moved within the district reading the article, he should be good to go. One of their starting LB's did it from West in the offseason.

#7 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:31 PM

Henderson county does not go by state rules, open enrollment

Not true.

#8 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:38 PM

I choked on my coffee when i read this this evening. Welcome to the Bearcats Kalin Ensley!!!!

#9 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:15 AM

[quote name="hhs_redscare0206" post="278635" timestamp="1480998708"]Not true.[/

Wrong, you can send your kid to any school in the county , you have to provide transportations. Look at your team, you have east players on it, i have no problem with that , you should be able to go were you want to. Not all schools go by that stupid state rule. Look at Asheville you transfer you play, the other buncombe county schools go by the state rules Asheville doesn't. Bud you need to check into the rules

#10 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:07 AM

[quote name="hhs_redscare0206" post="278635" timestamp="1480998708"]Not true.[/

Wrong, you can send your kid to any school in the county , you have to provide transportations. Look at your team, you have east players on it, i have no problem with that , you should be able to go were you want to. Not all schools go by that stupid state rule. Look at Asheville you transfer you play, the other buncombe county schools go by the state rules Asheville doesn't. Bud you need to check into the rules

You have to live in the district to play or have permission. Its not simply just transportation. You can not leave one school and go and play for another school if you didnt make a physical mvoe. He moved into the district according to the article. If you just try to leave one school and go play in another county school you will be ineligible. How is it you think you know everything about Hendersonville and you are not from here nor live here. Name 1 east player on the team!!!! This isn't Asheville, furthermore, thats a city school and not a county school. You need to check the rules.

#11 WNCfootballFan

WNCfootballFan

JV Team

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:08 AM

Hendersonville might be competing for a State Championship next year. 

#12 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

• Members
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:21 AM

Rocketman lives closer than you think.

#13 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:28 AM

Rocketman lives closer than you think.

And he still doesnt know the rule  <_<

#14 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:35 AM

[quote name="hhs_redscare0206" post="278660" timestamp="1481029622"]You have to live in the district to play or have permission. Its not simply just transportation. You can not leave one school and go and play for another school if you didnt make a physical mvoe. He moved into the district according to the article. If you just try to leave one school and go play in another county school you will be ineligible. How is it you think you know everything about Hendersonville and you are not from here nor live here. Name do1 east player on the team!!!! This isn't Asheville, furthermore, thats a city school and not a county school. You need to check the rules.[/

One of my best friends is a coaching legend at hendo, so I know what goes on at hendo, hunt is from the east district , and you have more. And I live in flat rock , and my son goes to school in Henderson county, we change schools ,, the prinspal. Has to approve it.

#15 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:50 AM

Going to a school is different from playing a sport at a school. This further let me know you dont know the rule. If you are referring to Tyrese Hunt, he has never went to East before. He played at HMS and now at HHS. So how does his name even come up? Never set foot at East lol. What are you talking about dude. Sure you can attend any school in the county you want to, but to play a sport, leave a school and play for another school without making a physical move, you can not do that. You are talking about something thats irrelevant to the topic. Sure in that sense, you are right, you can ATTEND any school you want. In regards to sports though, you can not do so unless you physically switch districts when you switch schools.

#16 rocketman

rocketman

Established Member

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:01 AM

You are wrong, it's happens every year in Henderson county, kids are not moving in the school districts, and they are playing sports. You need to ask your coach lol.. The state rule is a joke, its so easy to get around it.

#17 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:39 AM

Ok Mr omniscient. You win. You are right lol. 

#18 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:57 PM

The state rule is a joke, its so easy to get around it.

The NCHSAA rules allow the local school systems to have final say. Systems, such as Forsyth, have open enrollment and students can move schools without a residence change and play under their guidelines. Many systems have specifics schools or regulations that allow for a true non residency transfer and the ability to play sports without a 365 sit out period.

#19 BDWarrior

BDWarrior

Established Member

• Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:34 PM

The state rule is useless. Just look at Asheville high. This is big get for Hendo but it really sucks for North. Loyalty doesn't mean jack to kids anymore!

#20 Yates357

Yates357

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

Will this kid start at the qb as a junior? I might be mistaken but hendos qb will be a senior next year correct?

#21 Magnum

Magnum

JV Team

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:04 PM

Hendersonville might be competing for a State Championship next year.

Never happen

#22 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:49 PM

Never happen

Lol sure they wont smh

#23 hhs_redscare0206

hhs_redscare0206

Established Member

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:49 PM

The state rule is useless. Just look at Asheville high. This is big get for Hendo but it really sucks for North. Loyalty doesn't mean jack to kids anymore!

What rule did he break?

#24 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

• Members
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:35 PM

He didn't break any rules that I can tell but the rule is cap because the state doesn't enforce it. I have known many kids from neighboring schools that do not live in Hendersonville's district that went there, so don't play the cap card you are. I know a couple of the parents personally. So how many happen that I don't know personally?

#25 Owen Stampede

Owen Stampede

• Members
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

By the way before you say you don't live around here, I will let you know I have worked in Transylvania, Polk and Henderson counties for many years. I know people.

JeffChapman-Dynamic