Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Gebbia out as HC at Rockingham County

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 190Ranger

190Ranger

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:57 AM

Any updates on this position?

#27 Slashman

Slashman

Established Member

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:18 PM

According to the Rockingham now article back when it first happened they said they wanted to interview in late January and early Febuary. So either interviews are close to done or finished.

So we can expect something anytime. They wanted to hire someone by mid March.

#28 TGT

TGT

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:41 AM

I heard that the selection has been made (I don't know who is the "lucky" guy)  ... just waiting for official approval to be announced.

#29 TheMule

TheMule

JV Team

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:45 PM

I heard that the selection has been made (I don't know who is the "lucky" guy)  ... just waiting for official approval to be announced.

Looks like they hired Brad Baker, who resigned after the season from N. Mecklenburg.  Former Reidsville Rams Assistant Coach.

#30 Reeducator

Reeducator

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:46 PM

I hope they treat this guy better than the last. I'm a Reidsville Alum, but I want all the Rockingham county schools to perform well.

#31 TheMule

TheMule

JV Team

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:06 PM

I hope they treat this guy better than the last. I'm a Reidsville Alum, but I want all the Rockingham county schools to perform well.

Well, Baker talked with the Reidsville coaches before he accepted the job so he knows what he is facing.

I hope he is a man that believes in the power of prayer.

#32 190Ranger

190Ranger

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:29 PM

Hope they give him a realistic chance, and all the meddling people just stay out of his way and let him do his job. Also hope the Admin and AD back him because this is a tough situation especially considering the teams they go up against in Mid-State 3A.

Good Luck Coach!

#33 Slashman

Slashman

Established Member

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:15 PM

http://www.greensbor...8b05a20337.html

Exactly the coach who I wanted Rockingham to hire. Their situation is a nuclear zone and they need someone strong to deal with the fallout but I think Baker can do it. He did a good job at North Meck despite the record he made them better off for the new guy to at least try to better.

I had a feeling it would be Baker once I seen him leave North it showed he wanted to go back. His coming will make the games with Reidsville be more intresting and if the drama lovers leave him alone he can have a nice go there.

Good luck coach!

JeffChapman-Dynamic