Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Debate- Did they get it right?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,070 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:02 PM

Did the college football playoff selection committee get it right leaving Penn state out? My opinion- Hell no they didn't. How can a team (Ohio st) play for a national championship when they were ELIMINATED from winning their own conference championship by the eventual B1G winner (Penn state)? Makes no sense... Penn st even holds the h2h over them. Regardless of whether or not Ohio state is better ON PAPER (when's the last time a game was ever decided on paper), Penn state beat ohio st outright.

#2 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 843 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:23 PM

Where they got it wrong was not setting up the playoff with at least eight teams. That would have eliminated some of this right from the start.

(I agree that Penn State should have gotten in over Ohio St.)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#3 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,071 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:23 AM

It's like MMA, you do not let it go to the judges. Losing by 39 to Michigan was crushing. If that game is close they are probably in.

I am not sold on the conference champion because regardless of how good a conference champion is one is staying home.

JeffChapman-Dynamic