Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Coach Wynn's Thoughts (separate playoffs and more)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 coachwynn

coachwynn

JV Team

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:05 AM

I have received the question several times so i will  let you all know I am in favor of a separate playoff system for charter and private schools.  Not only am i in favor of a separate system I am totally in favor of a Plus one system where the private/charter state champ takes on the traditional state championship in an additional game.  This additional game would provide 1a with the publicity it deserves and needs. Imagine two champions leaving it all on the field with a high stakes game in front of scouts and cameras, because we all know coaches who feel they have kids left off of all-star voting or games.   

I was happily surprised by the hospitality and overwhelming show of respect and love shown by the murphy and mountain fans.   I only knew of mountain ball and tradition from the chats/forums so what I expected was drastically different what from I witnessed and what was shown to me.  To see the passion and the respect for the tradition was refreshing, I was personally proud to happily speak with, hug, laugh, joke, and pray with fans from what seemed like every part of the mountain.  I left the game friday with allot of respect given and allot of respect received.  

#2 dogtuff

dogtuff

JV Team

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:54 AM

I was the coach that got on the bus to show you where to park , I have done that with many teams ,was very impressed with your teams focus, personality and class " most kids answered me with yes sir ", great game ,hard fought till the end , clean locker room after game ,and I am sure and hope you had safe and uneventful trip home. 

#3 coachwynn

coachwynn

JV Team

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:08 PM

I was the coach that got on the bus to show you where to park , I have done that with many teams ,was very impressed with your teams focus, personality and class " most kids answered me with yes sir ", great game ,hard fought till the end , clean locker room after game ,and I am sure and hope you had safe and uneventful trip home. 

Thank you so much.  We appreciate all of you and your coaches help and hospitality.   Your crowd was intense and the atmosphere was electric.   Your crowd was also kind to our players and fans.  We had a great experience except that loooooong bus ride.  HAHAHA   Now go win it ALL.

#4 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

I like the idea of a Plus 1 game as well. 

P.R. Graham

SMC

The standard in 1A since 1969

26 state titles in 35 apperances

22 consecutive finals appearances

SMC 1A/2A 32 state titles

#5 coachwynn

coachwynn

JV Team

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:48 AM

I like the idea of a Plus 1 game as well.

That's a start we have 2 likes on the idea.

#6 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,877 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:07 PM

I'd propose a separate playoff system for non-traditional schools in addition to shortening the 1A playoffs from five rounds to four. That would tremendously help with wrestling and basketball programs that rely on using football athletes.

#7 Superkase

Superkase

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:34 PM

How many non-traditional schools are we up to now?  Are there enough of them that they can have their own conferences?

#8 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

Looks like Kestral Heights may need to sign up for whatever MIC is doing!!!! Three years of handing out fake diplomas just got them busted. The charters are nothing more than pissed off parents wanting their Sally or Jimmy to be the star of the school whether it's academic or athletic. MIC has circumvented every rule and standard of the NCHSAA. Hell, they have pretty much an "open" tryout for their team in the spring!!! And the idiots on TOS, CV,  glamorize it and advertise for them. The legit non-traditional schools that are taking over baseball, volleyball, softball and golf are 30+ I believe. Not sure because they keep popping up and getting closed down on a regular basis. So far it's affecting the non-revenue sports with the exception of one or two in basketball. MIC, if they are still around next year, will be the one that tips the scale in favor of the separate playoffs. They play outside the rules and so far have gotten away with it. There's still a hell of a lot of questions that will be hashed out in the coming months in Chapel Hill and nothing less of forfeiting the entire season will justice be served. And the dismissal of the "staff."

#9 coachwynn

coachwynn

JV Team

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:15 PM

@wm1977 what the hell is your problem. Why are you so obessed with MICS?  What axe do you logically have to grind against us?  Why are you obsessed with our staff?    What is your issue or malfunction? You troll everything MICS   WHY?

#10 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:17 PM

Not trolling. You and your crony started the mess talkin' bout' dropping bombs etc...I asked you a six questions about the team and staff and you blatantly have ignored them. Not obsessed. Just think that it smells to high heaven, along with quite a few other school systems might I add, that y'all have gotten away with what's going on there as long as you have. Answer the questions I asked coach. Shed some light on the "program" at MIC. Another poster on here posted a hell of a synopsis and time line but it disappeared. Would be interested to see also how you can explain your "all star" camp in the spring where several of your players from this year were picked up from. Don't worry, Chapel Hill offices have a pretty thick stack of paper on that one too! By the way, posting on Facebook and using former collegiate players to help "advertise" your school and football program is a stroke of genius! I mean aside from sending them an envelope full of cash how more obvious could y'all get? Can't fault you though. Most coaching staffs are also teachers and have been to certified coaching clinics, training etc....... When only ONE person on the staff out of what, 15-20?? are actually on the staff I guess it's easy to let stuff fall through the cracks. Hell of a season though. Maybe your cronies at the Charlotte Observer can do a "where are they now?" about the mighty MIC Raptors next season when the team folds due to non compliance with NCHSAA rules and ethics.

#11 coachwynn

coachwynn

JV Team

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:08 PM

Not trolling. You and your crony started the mess talkin' bout' dropping bombs etc...I asked you a six questions about the team and staff and you blatantly have ignored them. Not obsessed. Just think that it smells to high heaven, along with quite a few other school systems might I add, that y'all have gotten away with what's going on there as long as you have. Answer the questions I asked coach. Shed some light on the "program" at MIC. Another poster on here posted a hell of a synopsis and time line but it disappeared. Would be interested to see also how you can explain your "all star" camp in the spring where several of your players from this year were picked up from. Don't worry, Chapel Hill offices have a pretty thick stack of paper on that one too! By the way, posting on Facebook and using former collegiate players to help "advertise" your school and football program is a stroke of genius! I mean aside from sending them an envelope full of cash how more obvious could y'all get? Can't fault you though. Most coaching staffs are also teachers and have been to certified coaching clinics, training etc....... When only ONE person on the staff out of what, 15-20?? are actually on the staff I guess it's easy to let stuff fall through the cracks. Hell of a season though. Maybe your cronies at the Charlotte Observer can do a "where are they now?" about the mighty MIC Raptors next season when the team folds due to non compliance with NCHSAA rules and ethics.

First this thread had nothing to do with MICS but was for my personal thoughts. Secondly, you not only sound like someone who has way too much time on their hands, but someone who stands to benefit immensely from the failure of MICS.  I know not of the other programs you speak of and I don’t care but disrespecting me and mine will not be tolerated.   For the last time I do not know who rich blackman is or associate with him.  I never said anything about dropping bombs either. 

As far as your questions I never saw them as I don’t scour the forums looking for material about MICS like you do.   If you had pressing questions you could have messaged me directly if you needed answers but you didn’t you chose to start bull with malicious accusations and movie script rumors. 

That all-star camp you speak of is a field rental through the school.  Since you obviously do not understand the process it is no different than mallard creek renting their field for the Nike camp.   That’s how schools generate large portions of their funds through facility rentals.

That big stack of horse $#!+ you refer to in the chapel hill offices is just as funky and outlandish as your posts on here.  A bunch of crap people are creating and throwing against the wall hoping something sticks.  

As far as facebook. Once again thank you for the follow, please make sure you like a few posts next time you stop by.   Marketing is simply that marketing, if you do not know what it is or practice it I suggest you use some of this time to invest in yourself and those skills rather than trolling MICS.  

If you find any of those fictitious envelopes full of cash please let me know I have some student loans that desperately need the extra payment.

You are obsessed with our coaching staff and for what. For your information it's two of us in the school the head coach and the assistant head coach and both touting masters degrees since you are so worried. We go over and above to make sure all of our I's are dotted and T's are crossed because we know we are a predominantly black coaching staff in Gaston county and will always be questioned because we are different. Even though the countless allegations and rumors have never been close to being proven or having validity. The rumors and lies started the second the former Coach left that's nothing new to us.

You lied about west Montgomery playing us, I share an office with the head coach and AD and I repeat not ONE phone call or email has come in from West montgomery. If that isn't bad enough you keep conjuring up and spewing other lies.

Our staff does have allot of volunteers who apply their invaluable time to specifically teach designated units.  

We have no cronies at any of the newspapers which is why I got on here in the first place because we needed coverage and you helped provide that with your rhetoric on the forums.  The local papers only started covering us properly once the forums and max preps blew up.

You look like inspector gadget trying to find and piece anything together to drum up a case and or allegation.  As you see none of your tactics work, because there is nothing to find.  We do not have anything to hide.  Again WE EXPECTED you to act like you are.   We knew last year the second we started winning the complaining and investigations would begin.   Well, we are here and will remain here for a very long time.  Get used to us because we are not going ANYWHERE.   Despite what you think football is easy to us.   We use it as a carrot for our kids to secure college degrees.  That’s the main goal to CHANGE OUR COMMUNITY THROUGH EDUCATION so our kids don’t sit on message boards like you do, praying for programs downfalls and drumming up false allegations from so called halfway across the state. Football is simply a vessel and a coupon.   Game planning, film study, late nights, horrible pay those are job hazards that come along with watching parents cry and take pictures on signing day.  

#12 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:54 AM

I had to stop reading when he threw out the race card.

#13 raptor

raptor

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:15 AM

I had to stop reading when he threw out the race card.

Same here. Always the first thing thrown out there.
In the mean time what proof does everyone have against mic? Ive seen tons of rants and post but not proof in the pudding.

#14 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:58 AM

Just out of curiosity why does a school that doesn't recruit need to market? Marketing is used to advertise in order to sell product. If you are marketing your school/program that's an issue. Thanks for the time you spent with that post. It further solidifies everything that has been said about MIC football.

#15 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:53 AM

The original purpose of this thread was for Coach Wynn to speak about his thoughts on the playoffs. He made a valid point and several good folks added nice, polite comments. Then it got derailed.

If you have an axe to grind with MICS or the staff i suggest you do one of the following.

First, find and compile rock solid evidence of any cheating, recruiting or other malfeasance and present it to the school and the NCHSAA.

Second, If you feel the need to continue to bash them publicly please do so on facebook or instant messenger.

Third, send the list of questions to the AD and let him answer them.

Finally, schedule them and let your team do your talking.

Lets all give this a rest and let the school and players enjoy the fruits of this season and allow them to stop and take a breath before basketball and baseball start.

P.R. Graham

SMC

#16 Magnum

Magnum

JV Team

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:09 PM

This is great. Why would any mod mess with this gold!

#17 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:42 AM

Because this is not NCP. We do things a certain way

P.R. Graham

SMC

#18 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:57 AM

#19 Magnum

Magnum

JV Team

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:39 PM

Because this is not NCP. We do things a certain way

I just have a different opinion and you dont like it. The bad part for you is I'm right. I just know more about high school football in the state of nc. I called Murphy on a terrible schedule. Nobody can deny that

#20 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 440 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:45 PM

Terrible schedule with a State Title. Bet they are many other schools who would like to play their schedule if it resulted in rings for their kids.
(For the Murphy folks, I am not discrediting your schedule.)

Congratulations to the Dogs and Coach Gentry.

#21 pollo_loco

pollo_loco

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

Haters gonna hate.

#22 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:12 PM

I just have a different opinion and you dont like it. The bad part for you is I'm right. I just know more about high school football in the state of nc. I called Murphy on a terrible schedule. Nobody can deny that

you ask why we would ask that this derailed thread get back on track and I gave you an answer? How does that have anything to do with your opinion and whether or not I like it? We ask folks all the  time to get back to topic of the thread and not bash kids, coaches or what not?

P.R. Graham

SMC

JeffChapman-Dynamic