Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Bartlett Yancey head coach David Weathersby steps down.

Coaching Jobs

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 coach93

coach93

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:06 PM

I mean actually WINNING a State Championship,

A lot of pressure there...

#27 TheMule

TheMule

JV Team

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:26 PM

I don't disagree that reidsville or Shelby are elite. But even if you don't have state titles, which is a tough thing to do and lot of luck has to be involved, I still think you can be elite. Being consistently in the 3rd round, multiple 10 win seasons, and having the same HC over that time by my definition would make you elite by my definition

No.  Bunn is not an elite NC football program.  Not even close.  Shelby,yes. Reidsville, yes.  Clinton, yes. 

#28 coach93

coach93

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

No.  Bunn is not an elite NC football program.  Not even close.  Shelby,yes. Reidsville, yes.  Clinton, yes. 

Clinton's elite selves lost to Bunn's "nonelite" selves in the eastern finals last year and didn't make it this year to the state championship either but you call them elite that's laughable

#29 TheMule

TheMule

JV Team

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:48 PM

Clinton's elite selves lost to Bunn's "nonelite" selves in the eastern finals last year and didn't make it this year to the state championship either but you call them elite that's laughable

Can't figure out if you are serious or just a die hard partisan.  One game does not make a team elite.  Check out the all time records of Clinton and Bunn and get back on these boards and make your case.

And I wouldn't bring up last year's game with Clinton because there are some DarkHorse posters here who might want to discuss that game with you.

#30 coach93

coach93

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:39 PM

Can't figure out if you are serious or just a die hard partisan.  One game does not make a team elite.  Check out the all time records of Clinton and Bunn and get back on these boards and make your case.

And I wouldn't bring up last year's game with Clinton because there are some DarkHorse posters here who might want to discuss that game with you.

your are right that game may bring some bad memories for some lol I don't have a dog in this fight I don't care about Bum and 1000% surly don't care about clinton or either of their records I'm just saying this:

2 losing seasons since 1988 doesn't make your program elite?  3 head coaches since 1987 and two of those were the same person (Howle, Miller, Howle) 2nd/3rd round team every(well the majority of) year since 2001 doesn't make you elite? Idc if they're elite or not that's a matter of opinion not fact.  I'm just saying the initial statement "look for them to be MUCH IMPROVED" wasn't an accurate statement based on the state of the team now.    

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Coaching Jobs

JeffChapman-Dynamic