Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

UNC/Kenan Stadium getting field turf

Off-Topic

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,440 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

I've learned from some credible sources that UNC officials will be installing field turf at Kenan Stadium for the 2017-18 seasons while the new indoor practices facilities are being constructed.  The turf should only be a temporary deal as the stadium should return to natural grass for the 2019 season. 

The reason for the move to the artificial surface is so that the team can use the stadium as its practice field during the construction of the new facilities. 

I'm not a fan of turf being installed at Kenan, but I do understand its need for this circumstance.  Land is a pretty valuable and hard commodity to come by at UNC so this was pretty much the only viable alternative. 

#2 Rick Harrington

Rick Harrington

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:24 PM

I know UNC has lots of donors and money but how much will this cost? Just for 2 years then it's gone. 

In the million $ range.

#3 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,412 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:42 PM

They do not have anywhere to practice while the new indoor facility is being built. You cannot practice on a grass field and play on it.

#4 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,412 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:59 PM

What's so bad about Judy Rose? I am totally out of it on 49er sports.

#5 Rick Harrington

Rick Harrington

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:45 PM

Truth, maybe one day Charlotte can get an indoor facility. Of course Judy Rose will have to be fired first and that will be a great day for Charlotte. 

It's time for her to go.  She never wanted to football program (I think the Chancellor put a gun to her head).  Class of '75 and she was an  Assistant AD then.

#6 K71

K71

• Members
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:56 PM

It's time for her to go.  She never wanted to football program (I think the Chancellor put a gun to her head).  Class of '75 and she was an  Assistant AD then.

Class of '75 also. I remember when she coached the girls basketball team at Charlotte. She should retire.It's time.

#7 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,412 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:36 AM

The previous hoops coach, did he retire due to health issues? If so what was it?

Did they do the right thing by getting rid of Bobby Lutz?

#8 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,412 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:25 PM

Just got the word his second medical leave if absence went to permanent status after Ryan Odom finished the season.

Granted Cougar14 they were terrible and as you posted Price was a great hire.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Off-Topic

JeffChapman-Dynamic