Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Standing during national anthem

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 1derpop

1derpop

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:18 AM

This may not be the place, and if I offend anyone I apologize,,,, but u couldnt help but notice at least 2 young punks sitting during the national anthem at our game last night.

Football is not war,,,, football is a damn game. I would appreciate other adults pulling these young kids aside who are only imitating a stupid-desperate-attention seeking Colon Kapernick,,, and please help me remind these teens that soldiers have fought and DIED so that they have the CHOICE to sit on their sorry asses or stand.

Standing is the least anyone can do.. If i get arrested bfore season is over, it was nice noing all yall.

I sincerely hope adults will help me enlighten these ignorant teens that they need to pick POSITIVE role models like Michael Jordan or Cam Newton,, not losers that Colon Kapernicky. Thank you.

#2 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:30 AM

This may not be the place, and if I offend anyone I apologize,,,, but u couldnt help but notice at least 2 young punks sitting during the national anthem at our game last night.

Football is not war,,,, football is a damn game. I would appreciate other adults pulling these young kids aside who are only imitating a stupid-desperate-attention seeking Colon Kapernick,,, and please help me remind these teens that soldiers have fought and DIED so that they have the CHOICE to sit on their sorry asses or stand.

Standing is the least anyone can do.. If i get arrested bfore season is over, it was nice noing all yall.

I sincerely hope adults will help me enlighten these ignorant teens that they need to pick POSITIVE role models like Michael Jordan or Cam Newton,, not losers that Colon Kapernicky. Thank you.

One thing that pisses me off is when people talk or don't take their hats off during the national anthem and sometimes some people play with their phone during the National Anthem n that pisses me off

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#3 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:36 AM

Your first line was on point. Not the right place. Everyone has an opinion. None stronger than mine but its a polarizing subject and doesnt belong on a HS football board.

#4 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:36 AM

Can someone move this to the OT board?

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#5 Fred Galey

Fred Galey

Gold Member

• Correspondent
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:50 PM

Now that this is in the O-T where any topic is good....

1derpop... I feel the way you do. Disrespect of the anthem and the flag are revolting to me. 22 years in service of our country and over 300 combat sorties where the only insignia I wore on my flight suit was the US flag and my rank. I find it to be shameful and a slap in the face to all who ever ever served, bled or sweated for the freedoms we enjoy.
I have no respect for the platform he has chosen nor do I respect the results it has with the younger generation that emulates him now. It is trickling down to elementary school where it isn't a thought out position but just "copying to be cool or get attention".

However, as much as I abhor his actions and the manner/platform he has chosen to take his stance. I served to defend his right to take this stance...even if I disagree with it. I have lost friends who were serving to defend the freedoms we enjoy today and that includes this one. Although it personally disgusts me, I will forever defend his right to take this stance. It is part of what makes America great. I have been all over the world and this IS the greatest nation in the world.

We do not know poverty nor oppression like that known in other parts of the world.

#6 1derpop

1derpop

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:35 AM

guys, like wrigley said this MAY be a very polarizing topic where everone has opinions

but to me theres simply other ways to protest

people died for that flag, that flag isnt white or black,,, its red, white and blue

if u dont love this country,, please start walking to mexico or canada NOW,,,, thats all

#7 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:03 PM

guys, like wrigley said this MAY be a very polarizing topic where everone has opinions

but to me theres simply other ways to protest

people died for that flag, that flag isnt white or black,,, its red, white and blue

if u dont love this country,, please start walking to mexico or canada NOW,,,, thats all

I said on the other board before it was asked to be moved to this board.......change is uncomfortable.  People vilified Muhammad Ali on his stance against the Vietnam War but a few months ago he was buried as a national hero because people needed time to understand what he was protesting and his conviction throughout his life on topics of humanity.   It was not that the US was a bad country for its foreign policy but the human rights atrocities that were being done right here in the US....and i paraphrase from Ali "but Men of Color were being asked to go fight an enemy that had not done anything to them"...  I ask that you please move away from the sensational rhetoric and try to understand what the protest is really about.. If you would watch the perspective framed very well by Shannon Sharpe in the below link..

https://youtu.be/fzERbSKgQkA

#8 1derpop

1derpop

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:29 PM

I said on the other board before it was asked to be moved to this board.......change is uncomfortable. People vilified Muhammad Ali on his stance against the Vietnam War but a few months ago he was buried as a national hero because people needed time to understand what he was protesting and his conviction throughout his life on topics of humanity. It was not that the US was a bad country for its foreign policy but the human rights atrocities that were being done right here in the US....and i paraphrase from Ali "but Men of Color were being asked to go fight an enemy that had not done anything to them"... I ask that you please move away from the sensational rhetoric and try to understand what the protest is really about.. If you would watch the perspective framed very well by Shannon Sharpe in the below link..

https://youtu.be/fzERbSKgQkA

Creekprogram, i watched ur video and i totally agree with bout everything shannon sharpe said. I also see and respect your sentiment,,, however to me the flag simply should be protected by ALL.

Obviously this country aint perfect, we gotta a lot of problems for sure. But there are other ways to protest than abusing or disrespecting our flag,. because too many people have died for that flag so that we ALL HAVE our freedoms. My grandpaw didnt have a beef with the Germans, and 3 cousins didnt have a beef with the Vietnamese,,, but they all fought for that flag.

I will say again the flag isnt black or white,, its red, white and blue,,,,,, and that flag is what gives people the right to diagree. The flag is sacred.

#9 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:08 PM

Creekprogram, i watched ur video and i totally agree with bout everything shannon sharpe said. I also see and respect your sentiment,,, however to me the flag simply should be protected by ALL.

Obviously this country aint perfect, we gotta a lot of problems for sure. But there are other ways to protest than abusing or disrespecting our flag,. because too many people have died for that flag so that we ALL HAVE our freedoms. My grandpaw didnt have a beef with the Germans, and 3 cousins didnt have a beef with the Vietnamese,,, but they all fought for that flag.

I will say again the flag isnt black or white,, its red, white and blue,,,,,, and that flag is what gives people the right to diagree. The flag is sacred.

Once again respect your opinion.....but i would venture to guess your Grandpa and Cousins were not treated in the US like the people of Color were at that time of the Ali protest?  The Flag is a symbol.... the Constitution gives us the rights we have to disagree and the parameters for conduct to protect our freedom......the symbols and laws are not perfect because they are legislated by imperfect human beings....If you are not willing to listen to a different perspective and expand your "intellectual comfort zone" that is naturally your right but it does not advance the conversation to create understanding...

#10 1derpop

1derpop

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:30 PM

Once again respect your opinion.....but i would venture to guess your Grandpa and Cousins were not treated in the US like the people of Color were at that time of the Ali protest? The Flag is a symbol.... the Constitution gives us the rights we have to disagree and the parameters for conduct to protect our freedom......the symbols and laws are not perfect because they are legislated by imperfect human beings....If you are not willing to listen to a different perspective and expand your "intellectual comfort zone" that is naturally your right but it does not advance the conversation to create understanding...

i said i agree w bout everthing shannon sharp said,, i jus disagree protesting the flag, thats all, way too many orher ways to peacefully protest

too many people died fighting for that flag

#11 1derpop

1derpop

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:34 PM

i believe Ali's ex also said Kapernick shouldnt protest the flag and further said he dhould apologize

she said she would simply like to ask him what are his specufic ideas about bringing about change. kaoernick has no history of this, which makes it look like an attention-seeking plot, no more, simply bcause he was on verge of being cut

#12 1derpop

1derpop

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:37 PM

if people take the approach its ok to do anything when somone has a beef, where will it end?

we must have limits,,,, and to me the American flag is the ONE THING we all have in common

#13 1derpop

1derpop

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:40 PM

snd bcause i do no u,, honestly j have the greatest respect for ur knowledge snd opinions also

defintly

#14 1derpop

1derpop

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:41 PM

again our flag is what allows us to disagree yet still eat hotdogs togethet tonite at the game

#15 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,071 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:46 PM

If I were a teammate I would be disappointed that the most overpaid player in the league is my QB.
He has fallen apart the last few years.

His girlfriend is an outspoken Muslim media personality. The more that is highlighted the worse I think the fallout will be.

I would like to see him put an emphasis on teen pregnancy and family commitment especially from father's which are not only related directly to him but what I think is crushing America specifically the African American community.

#16 Fred Galey

Fred Galey

Gold Member

• Correspondent
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:52 PM

https://static.texas...ents_USflag.pdf

If you really want to expand your "intellectual comfort zone" as you put it... Read Admiral McRaven's memo. If you don't understand after that, nothing else needs be said.

JeffChapman-Dynamic