Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Baylor Hires Interim HC

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Slashman

Slashman

Established Member

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

http://espn.go.com/c...e-interim-coach

And it's someone we all know well in Jim Grobe.  Baylor made a great pick; he will have them on the straight and narrow road in a hurry.

Other choices included Mike Singletary and  their DC.

#2 Sam Spencer

Sam Spencer

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 237 posts
  • Email:CoachSpencer82@yahoo.com

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:57 PM

I love the hire, but Jim make a great point.

#3 Slashman

Slashman

Established Member

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:41 PM

Grobe always was a good character coach when he was at Wake. He will start improving things with the program right away by showing and proving that  stuff won't be allowed to continue. By moving in a total different direction from the last one is a huge step up in of itself. If they stayed with the DC it would have been a bad move but Grove or Singletary was strong moral choices to pick.

To be honest if Grobe does a good enough job he may get it permanently. Even if he does stay a year it's a good move for the program. Of course he isn't the main answer for the whole college but that's an improvement step. Getting rid of Starr was great too, he couldn't lead anything. It's gonna take a while but at least they fixed it theirselves and not waited for the NCAA.

That place is a mess but this is a good move.

#4 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,313 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

Starr has resigned from the chancellor position after bring remove as president.

The recruiting is only falling off because of the fear of the sanctions and oversight that is expected. The recruits could give a shiznit about it if thee were no issues for the program going forward.

#5 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,313 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:00 PM

I trust Starr as far as I can throw him.

Well that was before this fiasco so I guess it is even worse now.

#6 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,313 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

He is still a tenured law professor, sorry but he has to be removed from that too. 

Unless he resigns that may be a tough legal battle that Baylor's Board of Regents may not want to open up.  I am sure there has been a lot of communication between his and the schools representatives on his status.

#7 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:24 AM

1. Ken Starr was Solicitor General of the United States (essentially this means that he was responsible for arguing the government's case in USSC cases involving the Federal Government) and a Federal appellate court judge. If he wants a professorship at an American law school, that school would be only too happy to have him.

2. Bill Clinton was impeached (though later acquitted by the Senate) for perjury and obstruction of justice. Starr was appointed to investigate Clinton as an independent counsel by Janet Reno. Bill Clinton lost his law liscence for five years when he admitted to "conduct prejudicial to the administration of justice".

3. When these charges surfaced at Baylor, Starr resigned, though his personal culpability for whatever happened has yet to be shown-I note the contrast with Clinton refusing to do the same for any interested reader.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

JeffChapman-Dynamic