Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Voted Today?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Slashman

Slashman

Established Member

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:38 PM

I did and had a good time. The voter ID law didn't go badly but it could have been a lot worse.

Heard 5 counties or so had computer problems today..

#2 Jim West

Jim West

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 9,401 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:45 PM

I voted last Friday.  The only problem I had was that the person misheard my birth date.  I finally told her "Look at my ID".  She saw the photo, typed in the info, and then said "Oh, I didn't hear you right".  

I got my ballot, voted, and then went home.  Simple process.

#3 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:28 AM

I was in and out of the polling place in under 10mins. I think I hit it just right because it was around 4pm so not everyone was off work. My polling place is not near UNCC, but in Huntersville so didn't have to worry about the college crowd much. 

Really smooth process though, no problems for me. Voter ID law is much simpler at least where I was. Made things move quicker it seemed. 

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#4 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,695 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:52 AM

I voted, in and out in 10 minutes. Only fun sight was a Cruz supporter dressed like a Clown.

#5 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 843 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:54 AM

I voted early, which was convenient for me, but I read an essay this morning that advised against it.  For instance, if you had voted early for Ben Carson in Ohio or Illinois (apparently early voting in those states began before he dropped out) your vote was not counted, and, of course, any vote you might have cast for another candidate was impossible.  I'm not sure that I was convinced, but I will say that you probably shouldn't vote any earlier than a week out in primary elections.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#6 Jim West

Jim West

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 9,401 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:20 AM

I voted, in and out in 10 minutes. Only fun sight was a Cruz supporter dressed like a Clown.

At my polling place, I didn't see anyone pimping for any of the Presidential candidates.  The same was not true for the local elections.  I think I shook hands with 4 or 5 candidates.  I even voted for two of them.....

#7 Fred Galey

Fred Galey

Gold Member

• Correspondent
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 07:32 PM

If you lived in Alamance, I would've shook your hand Jim. I was at the polls from the time they opened until they closed. And I voted early!

JeffChapman-Dynamic