Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Spurrier Retires

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Harrington

Rick Harrington

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:05 PM

It was just anounc3ed on WBTV that Steve Spurrier is retiring immediately.  USC will anounce an interiem HC Tuesday.

#2 K71

K71

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:24 PM

Saw that.South Carolina is really down this year.How they beat the Tar Heels is beyond me,Guess he did not want to go thru the rest of the season with lose after lose.He's 70 years old.Wish him the best.

#3 Rick Harrington

Rick Harrington

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:25 PM

Saw that.South Carolina is really down this year.How they beat the Tar Heels is beyond me,Guess he did not want to go thru the rest of the season with lose after lose.He's 70 years old.Wish him the best.

He didn't beat NC.  NC beat NC,.

#4 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,411 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:05 PM

Good luck Coach!

#5 bamatide13

bamatide13

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:23 PM

Best SEC Coaches All-TIme:

1. Bear Bryant
  2. Gen. Robert Neyland
  3. Steve Spurrier
  4. Nick Saban

#6 chrismac2122

chrismac2122

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:26 PM

NO NO NO NC did not beat NC. Coach Fedora GAVE the game to SC. We have three solid RB and Marquis Williams at QB in that game. I saw Hood was getting ready to get in for 2nd or 3rd down play at 3 yd line. The coach held him back and Fedora had Marquis Williams pass for four downs while in within 10 yds to the goal line. He is a Moron making those calls. Hood ran like 140 yds in that game on 13 carries. That is about 10+ per carry. Fedora was really dumb holding Hood and the RB crews in that set of downs. 

Anyway, now I wish Spurrier all the good luck during his retirement. He is a fun coach to watch and I think he needs a break from Football.

#7 Rick Harrington

Rick Harrington

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:25 AM

NO NO NO NC did not beat NC. Coach Fedora GAVE the game to SC. We have three solid RB and Marquis Williams at QB in that game. I saw Hood was getting ready to get in for 2nd or 3rd down play at 3 yd line. The coach held him back and Fedora had Marquis Williams pass for four downs while in within 10 yds to the goal line. He is a Moron making those calls. Hood ran like 140 yds in that game on 13 carries. That is about 10+ per carry. Fedora was really dumb holding Hood and the RB crews in that set of downs. 

Anyway, now I wish Spurrier all the good luck during his retirement. He is a fun coach to watch and I think he needs a break from Football.

That's exactly what I was refering to.

#8 #1footballfan

#1footballfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:28 AM

College football has lost one of it's most colorful coaches, I have always respected him for saying exactly what he was thinking, something a lot of people will not do....

#9 BroadwayJ

BroadwayJ

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:18 AM

He'd make a great color commentator for college football. Can you imagine him calling an Alabama game, he'd crush Saban on his every move. Hit them straight coach !

#10 Rick Harrington

Rick Harrington

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:30 AM

I, for one, will not miss Spurrier.  He's nothing more than an egotistical SOB.  Goof riddance and don't let the door hit you on the a$$.  College football needs coaches of character.  Spurrier has none.

JeffChapman-Dynamic