Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Will Grier tests positive for PEDs

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76 Livstrng

Livstrng

Established Member

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:50 AM

So using your logic we should just shut up and take Grier's word that it was an OTC. Hmmm......what happens if he's lying?

Yes I am being sarcastic but there is a reason. Play within the rules you have no problems. Play outside the rules your ass is ripe for scrutiny.

I'm pretty sure the NCAA could tell what the chemical was and if you could buy it at GNC etc.  It doesn't matter if he was lying or telling the truth the kid will serve a 1 year suspension.  I think that is harsh even if he was taking "Juice".  As a first time offender in the NFL they may only get 4 games and they're being paid millions of dollars.  In College Football the NCAA and Schools are making Billions of Dollars off of these kids and they show zero mercy.  He made a mistake.....should there be a punishment?  Yes!  I think it should be around 4-6 Games and he be put under some sort of probation and more random drug screening.  To just say go away for the next year because he tested positive for something that could be over the counter is harsh.  

#77 6mvp1

6mvp1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:32 PM

Man you guys are so naive... But hey that's your choice

#78 Jim West

Jim West

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:51 PM

I'm pretty sure the NCAA could tell what the chemical was and if you could buy it at GNC etc. It doesn't matter if he was lying or telling the truth the kid will serve a 1 year suspension. I think that is harsh even if he was taking "Juice". As a first time offender in the NFL they may only get 4 games and they're being paid millions of dollars. In College Football the NCAA and Schools are making Billions of Dollars off of these kids and they show zero mercy. He made a mistake.....should there be a punishment? Yes! I think it should be around 4-6 Games and he be put under some sort of probation and more random drug screening. To just say go away for the next year because he tested positive for something that could be over the counter is harsh.

When the kid joined an NCAA institution he should be very informed of the rules. When he agreed to play he also agreed to follow the rules. Obviously he broke the rule and as such he should face the consequences.

The argument that the universities are merciless is not accurate. The kid can still attend school and if he keeps his nose clean he'll have a chance to atone for his indiscretions. As far as the schools making money off these kids, these kids on scholarship are getting a free education. When the scholarship papers are signed he's responsible to be in compliance with all terms.

#79 BigDiesel

BigDiesel

Established Member

• Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:35 PM

The damage has been done.... Even if the penalty is reduced or heck overturned then people will say that Florida paid to have that decision made. His image has been tainted forever now and this will haunt him for the rest of his life.. Yes as time goes on most people will forget this even ever happened but it will follow him around like a rain cloud on his image because from now on no matter what people will question his integrity of the game.. He is an athlete that can play football well but he now must serve his time no matter how long. This will give him plenty of time to think about what he's done. He can still practice with the team so he will still be in shape and he as of right now is still on a scholarship, so he is still getting an education as well. He may never play in the NFL but he can still turn his life around and contribute to society.

#80 Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

JV Team

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:54 AM

Man you guys are so naive... But hey that's your choice

6 is dead on with this comment:

1st - forget anything that Lyle Alzado said on his death bed about steroids. That is the 2nd biggest Scam in the world of steroids, second only to Ben Johnson's positive test in Seoul.

2nd - if you are taking a SARM, it is with the idea of not being detected. Whether or not the IOC - WADA can detect specific SARM's at this point, I don't know, but a couple of years ago, Track and Field athletes were using and going undetected. But they know how to beat the tests, have coaches and doctors working with them on their drug protocol, and monitor blood/urine levels, etc...

3rd - when 6 mentioned the elevated test level, he was most likely dead on with that assessment. Once your test levels exceed your epi levels by a ratio of 6 to 1 or now, I think it's 4 to 1 by the WADA - then you've tested positive. Not sure what the level is with the NCAA but I think they still use the 6 to 1 ratio.

4th - If everything I posted here is confusing, then say your prayers and take your vitamins brothers.

#81 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:11 PM

6 is dead on with this comment:

1st - forget anything that Lyle Alzado said on his death bed about steroids. That is 2nd biggest Scam in the world of steroids, second only to Ben Johnson's positive test in Seoul.

2nd - if you are taking a SARM, it is with the idea of not being detected. Whether or not the IOC - WADA can detect specific SARM's at this point, I don't know, but a couple of years ago, Track and Field athletes were using and going undetected. But they know how to beat the tests, have coaches and doctors working with them on their drug protocol, and monitor blood/urine levels, etc...

3rd - when 6 mentioned the elevated test level, he was most likely dead on with that assessment. Once your test levels exceed your epi levels by a ratio of 6 to 1 or now, I think it's 4 to 1 by the WADA - then you've tested positive. Not sure what the level is with the NCAA but I think they still use the 6 to 1 ratio.

4th - If everything I posted here is confusing, then say your prayers and take your vitamins brothers.

*takes my multi vitamin LOL

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#82 Rick Harrington

Rick Harrington

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:05 PM

Something is rotten in the State of Denmark.  Was reported today that he is transfering, to where, that was not announced.

JeffChapman-Dynamic