Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Will Grier tests positive for PEDs

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#26 CMChargers

CMChargers

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:01 PM

For what it's worth, this aint exactly creatine that he got popped for. You cant just get this stuff anywhere, (GNC, Bodybuilding.com,etc.) kinda why I find it hard to believe it was an over-the-counter exchange.

It contains something called Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARMs). Wiki says:

They are intended to have the same kind of effects as androgenic drugs like anabolic steroids but be much more selective in their action,[1] allowing them to be used for many more clinical indications than the relatively limited legitimate uses that anabolic steroids are currently approved for.

Reviews say it helps treat "muscle wasting" experienced by people suffering from MD. I've seen it described as an effective alternative to T-Boosters. Apparently, Grier gained 43 pounds in a year. 

#27 Jim West

Jim West

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 9,401 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:10 PM

He took something that was over the counter. There was a warning on it that said "Do not take if you are subject to anti doping" OOPS!

How do we know it was an OTC? I'm skeptical on that. Either way, what he did was stupid and all those involved should be held accountable.

#28 6mvp1

6mvp1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:14 PM

How do we know it was an OTC? I'm skeptical on that. Either way, what he did was stupid and all those involved should be held accountable.

Exactly, it's easy to say that you took an over the counter drug when there is no way to test for what you took

#29 6mvp1

6mvp1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:16 PM

For what it's worth, this aint exactly creatine that he got popped for. You cant just get this stuff anywhere, (GNC, Bodybuilding.com,etc.) kinda why I find it hard to believe it was an over-the-counter exchange.

It contains something called Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARMs). Wiki says:

They are intended to have the same kind of effects as androgenic drugs like anabolic steroids but be much more selective in their action,[1] allowing them to be used for many more clinical indications than the relatively limited legitimate uses that anabolic steroids are currently approved for.

Reviews say it helps treat "muscle wasting" experienced by people suffering from MD. I've seen it described as an effective alternative to T-Boosters. Apparently, Grier gained 43 pounds in a year.

I was born at night not last night... 43 lbs in a year? Ligana whatever.... I call BS..... Yea he probably did take it, along with many other things

#30 Jim West

Jim West

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 9,401 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:19 PM

Exactly, it's easy to say that you took an over the counter drug when there is no way to test for what you took

Blaming it on an OTC is the easiest thing to do.

#31 6mvp1

6mvp1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:20 PM

The best thing for him to do is to come back to earth. Talk to the kids about how hard it is to not Sacrafice your integrity to be successful on the field. Not... I hope everyone can learn not to take a legal product that caused me to fail a test

That's the B way out... But he's young, and I'm sure devastated ... But have you seen his gf? I'm sure he'll enjoy not practicing for a year lol

#32 6mvp1

6mvp1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:24 PM

For will Grier the person, I hope it awakens him..,

#33 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:28 PM

Just to give a bit of perspective I have a son who is a D1 football player and here is the protocol at there school.  Anything that you are thinking or planning to take has to be cleared by the athletic training department and the head trainer.  Every athlete has a profile with an entire medical history which is tied into the school health service database and the designated hospitals near campus in case they have to be transported.  

True story.....my son last spring had a very bad sinus infection diagnosed by the health service he was not getting any better so i decided to take him to our family physician for a second opinion before the examination started my son told the Dr I am a Division 1 Football athlete and i will be needing from you a written note of my treatment today and anything that i am being prescribed to take back to my head trainer to enter into my profile and get approval to take.  If he takes Nyquil or Dayquil or a pain pill they are suppose to report it to the trainer... These schools are on high alert with regards to any type of supplements or drugs with there athletes.  I do empathize with him and his family but find it very hard to believe that the supplement he was taking he had no idea that it was on the banned list of supplements...Just sad situation

#34 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,300 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:31 PM

You cannot get this at GNC or most main stream supplement or vitamin shops from what I have found. So where did he get this? 

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#35 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,181 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:34 PM

Well you can speculate and blame whatever substance you want... The test doesn't test for specific supplements

He could have been loading up in every steroid known to man and blame it on an over the counter

The test would pinpoint the illegal substances.  Players are required to be informed what they tested positive for now.  

#36 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,181 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:37 PM

I was born at night not last night... 43 lbs in a year? Ligana whatever.... I call BS..... Yea he probably did take it, along with many other things

He weighed 201 at the spring game up from the mid 190's at the end of the season.   He had weighed around 170 a couple of times at combines the end of his junior year of high school.  The weight gain to me is not massive for a 19 year old that tall with a father and uncle the size his are/were.  

#37 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,181 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:40 PM

It is available on Amazon.  Regardless of what he took you should know to take it to the medical staff for approval.  That is simple enough.    

http://www.amazon.co...d_sl_v4bn1jr9_e

#38 6mvp1

6mvp1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:42 PM

The test would pinpoint the illegal substances. Players are required to be informed what they tested positive for now.

I don't think so sir. The test would determine if your testosterone levels were extraordinarily high.

To determine what substance is it would have to spun in a very high capacity costing tens of thousands of dollars.

Masking agents can be easily identified.

I've had many ncaa tests with the administrators watching the urine exit my body

#39 6mvp1

6mvp1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:46 PM

When I see the kid at the y his senior year.., he was 150 lbs soaking wet

#40 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:50 PM

Here are the benefits and possible side effects of the supplement taken (Ligandrol)

Benefits
– Strength
– Lean mass
– Fat loss
– Endurance
– Body recomposition
– Joint healing
• high oral availability ( no injection needed)
• Similar effects to testosterone
• No conversion to Dihydrotestosterone
• No conversion to Estrogen
• No harsh liver toxicity from methylated compounds
• No large reduction in LH or FSH

Potential side effects
• Potential stimulation of prostate cancer
• Male pattern baldness
• Acne
• Body hair growth
• Gynecomastia (male breast development)
• High blood pressure
• Liver toxicity
• Cholesterol imbalance
• Left Ventricular Hypertrophy (Heart growth)
• Shutdown of your own Testosterone production

#41 CMChargers

CMChargers

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

Here are the benefits and possible side effects of the supplement taken (Ligendrol)

Benefits
– Strength
– Lean mass
– Fat loss
– Endurance
– Body recomposition
– Joint healing
• high oral availability ( no injection needed)
• Similar effects to testosterone
• No conversion to Dihydrotestosterone
• No conversion to Estrogen
• No harsh liver toxicity from methylated compounds
• No large reduction in LH or FSH

Potential side effects
• Potential stimulation of prostate cancer
• Male pattern baldness
• Acne
• Body hair growth
• Gynecomastia (male breast development)
• High blood pressure
• Liver toxicity
• Cholesterol imbalance
• Left Ventricular Hypertrophy (Heart growth)
• Shutdown of your own Testosterone production

Benefits:

Everything needed to thrive in a 12+ game SEC football season.

Negatives:

Everything after that.

#42 6mvp1

6mvp1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:56 PM

I need some ligendrol lol

#43 6mvp1

6mvp1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

I've read winstrol

#44 6mvp1

6mvp1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:05 PM

Which would make mor sense

#45 6mvp1

6mvp1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:06 PM

Creek program.., I feel for your kid. I suffer from chronic sinus infections and man it's TERRIBLE. I'm sure his coaches tell him to practice Bc he has a lil "cold"

#46 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:08 PM

6mvp1- If they painted you green you could be a action figure.

" you not like 6mvp1 when he mad"

" 6mvp1 SMASH"

#47 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

" 6mvp1 SMASH sinus infection "

#48 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:11 PM

No matter if he got this over the counter or online you got to be responsible for what you put inside your body.

#49 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

Like wings and bourbon...

#50 6mvp1

6mvp1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 5,573 posts