Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

For the gear heads in the crowd...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hokiemtc

hokiemtc

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:41 AM

The Tuesday tear down and inspection sessions are now being webcast live every Tuesday morning from 8:00 to 11:00. Go to www.nascar.com at the appropriate time and click on the "Live: Watch Inspection" button in the upper right hand corner to see the show. No registration is required to watch, and there's even a scrolling live chat window (which does require a Facebook account or equivalent to post).

Several different tech areas are featured, including general tear down (get there early to see that), engine tear down, drivetrain tear down and chassis inspection and certification. It's pretty fascinating to see all that goes into it, and it's neat for the fans to get an inside look at what goes on behind the scenes at the R&D Center. If anyone has any specific technical questions about something they've seen, I can answer them.

It's ESPECIALLY neat to see this on a week like this week, with numerous penalties coming down the pike. When you guys hear of a penalty for something failing inspection, then you'll know what the process of inspecting it actually looked like.

One note from this morning, which was the trial run of the system: I could not get the video to stream in Firefox (I had to use Chrome). This might just be my machine, though...or it could be a side effect of Mozilla's ongoing Flash war with Adobe. If you're having difficulty getting it to work, the first thing you should do is try a different browser.

#2 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,772 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:35 PM

Thanks for this. 

#3 hokiemtc

hokiemtc

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:41 PM

A reminder to everyone who wants to see some behind the scenes stuff...tune in tomorrow morning on NASCAR.com from 8:00 to 11:00 and click on the link that says "Live: Watch Inspection".

JeffChapman-Dynamic