Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Best Baseball Stadium and Best Food?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:55 AM

There has have been very few stadiums i have been to that I actually really liked because most baseball field dont have the luxury like Football Stadiums! I haven't seen a Bad baseball field because they are usually cleaned up and all but there are a few that have problems so lets take a look at a few places I like! 

1. East Rowan: This is one Great place to play! This is the Football stadium of Baseball, Very nice field and Stands here at ER! This is one of the most nice and prettiest Baseball fields I have seen and I love their Coaches and Hostility but there is one flaw is Left field has a little up hill hump near the fence! Also this is one of the places I love for food, I believe they have the BEST Hotdogs around! 

2. South Caldwell: South Caldwell has a very nice facilities with there Baseball field and this is also very close to the Football stadium to baseball but I think one thing that hurt them is I dont like their scoreboard! South Caldwell has a Indoor batting cages and all and Very NICE overall and I'm not sure how there food is isn't I've only been there 1 time! 

3. West Iredell: Now This may not be like South Caldwell or East Rowan but The reason why I like West is they have came along and made a NICE Baseball field, I think they have improved it been than it use to be and Also I do like their Dug outs and all so! Food is pretty Good but Nothing to special! 

4.North Iredell: Same as West Iredell maybe not the nicest but I do like their Stadium, I do like their field and i like have they have US Flag, NC flag and a NIHS flag and I also like their Dugouts! One thing I dont like is their Press box, its a bit small and also very far away and another flaw is They have no Bathrooms, they have port-a-pottie! One thing I do like getting there I'm not sure if i got during Baseball season I know I gotten it during Football season and its a Walkin Taco, YUMMY!

Those are my top 4. I know some may disagree and I think some may ask why is West Rowan not there and A lot people hates West Rowans field, LKN isn't that great and I hate how there is in a bowl and have NO stands (only 2 small ones) and I dont like it. FYI: I'm a Hotdog guy during Baseball!

So Who is your Fav Stadium and Who has the best food?! 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#2 Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:37 AM

As far as playing surfaces, here in the East; Whiteville, Orange, West Brunswick, Chapel Hill have some of the nicest playing surfaces I have seen.  I really can't answer as far as food because as a coach we don't usually get to test out the concession stand like our parents do. haha

#3 Rocket Pride

Rocket Pride

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:04 AM

Two of the best stadiums I have ever been to have been South Caldwell and T.C. Roberson.  The atmosphere at both places is incredible.  I remember back in the '06 and '07 seasons when Sam Runion of A.C. Reynolds and Madison Bumgarner squared off.... some of the greatest high school baseball games I have seen came between those two dueling on the mound.

#4 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:47 AM

As far as playing surfaces, here in the East; Whiteville, Orange, West Brunswick, Chapel Hill have some of the nicest playing surfaces I have seen.  I really can't answer as far as food because as a coach we don't usually get to test out the concession stand like our parents do. haha

I'm a Baseball Manager and JV Announcer so I get to eat so 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#5 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:48 AM

Two of the best stadiums I have ever been to have been South Caldwell and T.C. Roberson.  The atmosphere at both places is incredible.  I remember back in the '06 and '07 seasons when Sam Runion of A.C. Reynolds and Madison Bumgarner squared off.... some of the greatest high school baseball games I have seen came between those two dueling on the mound.

I haven't been to many Baseball places but I would like go see CC, MC and also I would like go see like St. Stephens, Crest,Shelby and many other In baseball n Football n maybe basketball but not a big fan of Basketball 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#6 Sam Spencer

Sam Spencer

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 229 posts
  • Email:CoachSpencer82@yahoo.com

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:56 AM

Durham Jordan, Orange, and Chatham Central all have really nice baseball facilities.

#7 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:46 AM

Mt. Tabor has a nice field and also I love their scoreboard as its on the back of the football stands and its really nice setup with all the tree and all that around it! 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#8 Jim West

Jim West

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 9,401 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

Orange high has some really good food, and I really like their stadium.  

#9 ObserveAndReport

ObserveAndReport

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:29 AM

Hayesville has a great facility for a 1A school.

#10 ShowGoesOn

ShowGoesOn

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:20 AM

You all need to check out West Stanly. Top notch facility, great playing surface, great atmosphere, and great concession stand. Attached is a picture taken by Impact Baseball.

https://twitter.com/...625657979277313

#11 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,694 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:38 AM

David Lee did a great job with that facility when he was at West, it is top notch in all facets.  

#12 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:22 PM

Shelby's baseball stadium is comparable to almost any class A minor league stadium.  I don't know how any others could compare: 702b9362-09b8-e211-a98a-002655e6c126_ori

600x304xstadium2.png.pagespeed.ic.AtfQS4

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#13 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:58 AM

I got a NEW Fav Place to eat at EAST Rowan move on over from 1st, DAVIE CO is #1 place I have had a Nice good Hotdog and I had 3 of theme back to back to back! 

Davie Co. Baseball is Nice but its not that great, Its very old field but its been held up with and its in a community park so its a community baseball park but Davie and the American Legion play at this field.

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#14 ShowGoesOn

ShowGoesOn

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:47 AM

Ok, can we rule out Shelby.....Completely funded by American Legion. That is the american legion world series field, shelby just happens to get to play their hs games there. 

Mr. Hughes, have you been to West Stanly lately. It is very different since Lee left. New cut out baselines. New fence slats. It is a must see. 

#15 chrismac2122

chrismac2122

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

McCray Park in Asheboro is pretty darn nice. It may not appeal to baseball purist since they use turf grass infield along with real grass outfield. It has old baseball stadium look. Shelby is really nice and it did have shelter and fans before ALWS improved it to top notch facility. Whether you like it or not (Show must go on) it is HS baseball facility due to the fact it is on Shelby School ground.

McCray Park is not on HS campus .....Asheboro HS use it along with Randolph American Legion teams. 

#16 ShowGoesOn

ShowGoesOn

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:08 PM

Just wondering, but who takes care of the field in Shelby? Is the shelby high coach the same as the legion coach? The mowing looks legit in the pictures that is why I ask.

#17 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,694 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:24 PM

What's the big draw for high school coaches to have cut-out baselines? Serious question.

#18 phatcat

phatcat

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

Best food?

East Rowan and South Rowan are pretty close in terms of food. I would slightly give that edge to South because they make fantastic hamburgers and hotdogs and have more to chose from. Stay away from Carson baseball food. Absolutely atrocious. Football season food is awesome though.

Best stadium? 

South Rowan of course!!

#19 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,694 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:27 PM

I've spent thousands of hours in South Rowan's baseball stadium, and while I like it, it's far from being top tier. It has come a long way though.

#20 ShowGoesOn

ShowGoesOn

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:59 AM

Hughes, I am guessing it is because you see a majority of the MLB stadiums with cut out baselines. Just a guess.

#21 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,694 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:20 AM

Hughes, I am guessing it is because you see a majority of the MLB stadiums with cut out baselines. Just a guess.

I think I didn't use the right term.  I'm talking about where a lot of high schools have "grass" baselines instead of dirt baselines.  I though when you said "cut out" baselines, you  mean that they cut out the dirt part. 

#22 ShowGoesOn

ShowGoesOn

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:27 AM

Oh well that is an easy one to me. Much less maintenance. Only have to mow, use paint on lines that you have to do once a week at the most. 

#23 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,694 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:31 AM

Gotcha.  Call me a traditionalist, but I hate that look.  

#24 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:32 AM

Outside of Shelby, Catholic. They play at Jack D Hughes Park which is almost like a small college stadium. Complete with a full pressbox and the whole nine yards. 

http://jackhughespark.com/  

The pictures on the site don't do it justice so go search "Jack D Hughes Park" on google. 

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#25 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,694 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:53 AM

I always loved Newman Park at Catawba College.  It was used to be used for Easter tourneys and it's still used for Legion Baseball. 

Link: http://www.digitalba...ic/Catawba.html

JeffChapman-Dynamic