Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

92-90 Duke!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:22 AM

Where's all the Carolina fans at?

#2 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:09 AM

I can respect that statement and I can respect carolina's program, up here in the mountains where I live it seems like the carolina fans out number the duke fans 10 to 1 and they always seem to be the ones starting something up when duke looses, but I tend to keep my mouth shut until the duke/carolina game especial when we win, but I guess I've got to give some props to carolina, their sustained success in basketball is half of the reason this is the best rivalry in sports, anyway I wanted to start a thread cause this forum isn't getting much love and what better thread to start than a one about the best rivalry in sports with both teams being from carolina on a site based out of carolina.

#3 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:18 AM

It was a great game and it won't get any easier for duke when we have to go to the dean dome, but oddly enough we've played better on the road this season, so it won't get any easier for carolina either, a sweep of the series would be pretty sweet  ;)

#4 CMChargers

CMChargers

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

Who are these teams, "Carolina" and "Duke" you speak of?

http://www.theacc.co...#/m-baskbl/2014

bobby-morton-notre-dame-o.gif

#5 CMChargers

CMChargers

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:31 PM

I went back and saw the game via DVR.  I think that the depth really isn't that big of an issue with Duke as long as they remain healthy for the season.  Okafor is such an amazing player.  After watching Okafor and Winslow beat the brains out of Notre Dame a few weeks ago, I thought they might be the best two tandem in college hoops.  Last night, we saw Cook, Tyus Jones, and Jefferson show that may have one of the top two complete starting lineups in college basketball...Kentucky being the best starting lineup.

I don't believe any team has the talent as Kentucky, but I could see Duke beating the Wildcats if Kentucky has an off night.  In some ways, Kentucky appears to play to the level of their competition.  A smart team like Duke can find a way to exploit this weakness.

Okafor is an absolute gem. He's as much of a lock for #1 pick as there could be. 

#6 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:04 PM

I went back and saw the game via DVR.  I think that the depth really isn't that big of an issue with Duke as long as they remain healthy for the season.  Okafor is such an amazing player.  After watching Okafor and Winslow beat the brains out of Notre Dame a few weeks ago, I thought they might be the best two tandem in college hoops.  Last night, we saw Cook, Tyus Jones, and Jefferson show that may have one of the top two complete starting lineups in college basketball...Kentucky being the best starting lineup.

I don't believe any team has the talent as Kentucky, but I could see Duke beating the Wildcats if Kentucky has an off night.  In some ways, Kentucky appears to play to the level of their competition.  A smart team like Duke can find a way to exploit this weakness.

When Okafor went down in the second half I about laid a golden egg because plumlee would have been his replacement

#7 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

They should have gave it to cook more in the second half, he was on fire in the first, and the way carolina was getting offensive rebounds I wasn't sure we were going to make a comeback without the 3 ball.

JeffChapman-Dynamic