Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Tony Stewart in HUGE trouble

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:09 AM

Tony Stewart may be in some big time serious trouble after tonight, where he reportedly struck another driver with his sprint car at a local dirt track in NY. It is unknown if there was intent.. but is being reported that the driver struck was a 17 yr old kid, and was hit so hard that it knocked him about 25 feet backwards. Its also being reported that the driver struck by stewart did not survive injuries. Police are investigating, but reguardless of the outcome, this is not a good situation for stewart

#2 Slashman

Slashman

Established Member

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

https://www.youtube....c&feature=share

The kid shouldn't have been walking onto the track like that, that was dumb. Especially on a track like that with little to no room. Hard to tell there what Tony was trying to do, I hope he was trying to avoid him, but it's hard to tell. I hope they can investigate it fully.

I hate for Tony's career to be ruined because of that kid trying to be a hero, and I hate for that kids life to be over due to a stunt like that. This is a good example of thinking and using your common sense before you do something.

#3 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:41 AM

Knowing tony's hot headed personality... Wouldnt be shocked at all if he tried to put the fear of god into the kid (hence the acceleration) but sadly i dont think we'll ever really know. But i agree... Shouldnt have been out there on the track like that... But im sure he felt safe doing so since he probably ran there on a weekly basis

And its been confirmed that the kid did die of the injuries and thankfully the video was taken down

#4 Slashman

Slashman

Established Member

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:01 AM

Dang I hate that. :( The kid lost his life due to the hero complex and Tony won't ever get over this happening. All the crap he had to deal with last year got 20 times worse. At least this will be a lesson for all racers, wait to solve your issues until the race is done. 

The last I seen before now was the press release by that county's Sheriff and he said Tony was fully cooperating. He also said Tony felt terrible about it and was an emotional wreck. They said it's an accidental death investigation with no criminal charges as of now.

#5 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,476 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:59 AM

The biggest question may not be whether the law does anything to Stewart, but would any of his sponsors drop him to distance himself from the situation?

#6 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

As of right now, Stewart is still racing today... How can he mentally be in the right frame of mind to race?

#7 racincowboy02

racincowboy02

Established Member

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

Wait a minute yall are looking at this like its all Tony's fault. Have any of you ever been around a race car or actually sit in one? The seats in race cars are different from passenger cars they sit lower and its harder to see out of them. The kid is a 20 year old young man not a 17 year old. Sad situation for all involved I don't see charges being filed as this is an on track wreck as the sheriff is saying but you never know though

#8 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,476 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:37 AM

Racincowboy02, you're 100% correct. But you never know what an over zealous District Attorney may do.

#9 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

I dont buy the "dark uniform" thing... You can see him perfectly clear on the video. Do i think Stewart intended on hitting him... Not a chance of that happening! Ultimately the other driver put himself at risk by walking that far into the racing surface.

#10 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

Not to get too off topic but that crash in the cup race just now was wicked

#11 Sam Spencer

Sam Spencer

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 237 posts
  • Email:CoachSpencer82@yahoo.com

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

I could NASCAR treating every caution as a red flag now, stop the cars ASAP when a caution comes out. Or, a big fine for any driver that approaches a moving race car.

#12 Slashman

Slashman

Established Member

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

You know with as many videos they are of the incident I still can't make up my mind over what happened, I guess we won't know until they are done investigating if ever. They did say it's looking like he won't face no charges over it as of now. I personally don't think Tony was trying to hit him, no one in their right mind who races would do that.

I hope this changes the rules and protocols worldwide for these types of races.  Drivers who race in black need to wear neon or something bright for safety purposes. That still wouldn't have saved Ward here because he acted liked a fool and ran in traffic but it could save someone in the future who could truly need it.

#13 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

A rule change along the lines of "after a wreck all drivers are to stay inside their cars (with exceptions for fires or other hazards) until safety arrives" will probably come about because of this.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#14 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:07 PM

my personal opinion is that Tony probably meant to rattle the kids cage a bit for the tantrum, but in no way shape or form did tony intend on hitting Ward Jr. I do believe he probably intended to sling dirt at ward jr, and that is when things just went really really wrong.

JeffChapman-Dynamic