Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

The US Government

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 racincowboy02

racincowboy02

Established Member

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

I am curious to think about what you people think about our govt. I think that they are crooked and have been lying to us for a long long time. Examples of them lying would be Sandy Hook and several other mass shootings here in recent history. The Benghazi incident and also the Bergdahl incident are just some of the recent ones that I know of.

#2 purplemountaineer

purplemountaineer

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

I say it would go back further than that, like back to the assination of JFK, to the events on 9/11. These conspiracy theoris talk of the government taking America hostage. I'm not saying it's all true, but usually when there's smoke, there's fire!

#3 purplemountaineer

purplemountaineer

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

And don't even get me started on them trying to change the name of my beloved Redskins!!!

#4 racincowboy02

racincowboy02

Established Member

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

I agree those where some of the others and I'm glad you brought those up. I can't even begin to think that our govt would think about doing some of the things that they have done but I guess I was wrong. I have been called anti govt by a bunch of people because I have showed them so many lies and errors and all that with the stories I mentioned lol

#5 racincowboy02

racincowboy02

Established Member

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Oh yea and don't get me started with this changing the redskins name is just plain dumb. Why are they worried about anything related to sports and sticking their nose in that when they should be concerned about balancing the budget and doin things like that lol yea I know that is a laugher

#6 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

I don't think the government is always lying or engaging in cover-ups.  They do those things for sure, but a good part of the time these scandals are just the result of incompetence and ineptitude.  Further, the more aspects of society that the government sticks its big nose into-the more it tries to regulate or control-the more it screws up and the more we see their incompetence in action.  

Now once they screw up and try to lie about it, then you have a cover-up (for instance blaming Benghazi on some silly video), but the corruption there is a reaction to having failed and trying to cover it up.  OTOH I think that the current IRS scandal is far worse because it shows agents of the government actively conspiring to illegally use their power against citizens-that's a lot worse than just covering up a screw-up IMHO.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#7 racincowboy02

racincowboy02

Established Member

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

You make good points and yes the irs scandal is worse but how much worse is it to stage a school shooting or any other mass casualty incident like that and then try to say we need stricter gun control laws

JeffChapman-Dynamic